Why not to smoke in bed

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AaronR

Reaction score
So today our fire brigade has turned out to two house fires (both completely guttered) the first was candles left alite whilst owner went shopping and the second was the owner fell asleep whilst smoking. Thankfully in both instances no-one was seriously injured but it could have been worse. I feel sorry for both families who are today without a home as both I suspect will be condemned. Both fires had around ten fire truck and between 40-50 fire fighters. Well that was my night now to get ready for my exam aghhhhhhh

I had a good mate who was a firey... He attended a fire that was started in a cupboard....

I had to question it... A light? An electrical fault?

Nope...

These people had some wet clothes, it was too cold and wet to hang their stuff outside so they put their stuff in the linen cupboard (sound ok so far right?). Unfortunately, just putting clothes in a cupboard won't get them dry. So our firestarters put a hair dryer in the cupboard, balanced on towels (yes, no good putting it on the ground) to dry their clothes.

Not sure if their clothes actually got dry or not... But they certainly got hot...

Actually, I don't feel sorry for people who do stupid things like smoke in bed or leave candles alight....it happens time and time again, you'd think people would take the hint from other cases and not do such stupid things, it's pretty obvious what's going to happen. Just like drink driving.....don't drink and drive and chances are you'll be ok...of course you still have to watch out for the other buggers on the roads, same goes for speeding. Don't speed or drink and drive and you won't get fined and more than likely you'll stay alive a little longer. I feel sorry for the families of these stupid people who have to grieve their deaths, but for the people themselves....no sympathy from me.

Whilst I agree it was human error that caused the fire grannieannie it is still a massive price to pay for an error. The punishment doesn't fit the crime IMO. But agree 100% with you about idiots on the road!!!
Slim6y what the......... Would love to say genius but ummmmmmm no stupid guessing that went up very very fast!

Not to cold hearted because a loosing all your possesions is terrible my auntie recently had her house burn down though she was a horder and had a house full of junk stored in dozens of cudboard boxes piled up to the ceiling so a bit of commom sense would go a long way

We dont smoke anywhere in the house nowadays, but years ago I banned smoking in the bedroom after a young lady i was with stubbed her ciggy out on my chest thinking the ashtray was still there. It was dark...
So i married her of course but never did we smoke in the bedroom after that.
I stil have the scar 20 years later

We dont smoke anywhere in the house nowadays, but years ago I banned smoking in the bedroom after a young lady i was with stubbed her ciggy out on my chest thinking the ashtray was still there. It was dark...

OOOH, i did the same thing except it wasnt hubby that I burnt it was the brand new longe that we had picked up that day....

And I bet you can also notice where she burnt you with the cigarette as well ;)

The one who smoked in bed has only his own stupidity to blame, not only was the risk of a fire obvious, but he could have gotten ash on the sheets - which could be a nightmare to get off.

I havent smoked for about 7 weeks now but when I did I would go outside or in the garage and never smoke in the house

Smoking a filthy habit. Even tho I smoke but I'm always outside away from my house and usually wash my hands immediately.

Cheers Brenton

We had a call one day to go to a house fire and when we turned up there was no sign of fire. I knocked on the door and a kid opened it and smoke came bellowing out. I said "did you call the fire brigade?" He replied "uh, yeah a fire started in my room but they told me what to do on the phone." I went in his room and there was a dry towel on top of a bowl with a wet towel on top because "that's what they told me to do on the phone" after explaining he just needed a wet one I asked what happened. He had a big scented candle he was burning and I quote "wanted to see what would happen if I sprayed lighter fluid on it" nedless to say he found out and crapped himself and nearly set his room on fire. After all this I asked him how old he was......17, this kid was 17 and put lighter fluid on a scented candle to see what would happen?!? After giving him a lecture the embarrasment of more fire trucks showing up lights and sirens he was suffieciently embarrased. To this day I think most of the smoke cloud had mothing to do with the fire and more to do with something he was smoking. He didn't have learning difficulties or anything like that, just dumb.

Some people are just asking for a Darwin award.

Lol, my Mrs put one out on the screen of my brand new mobile phone, we dont even smoke indoors any more, no way could do it now I have kids that share the same air

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back