Huge AHS Meeting - david williams clinical toxinologist

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

girdheinz

Reaction score
We're excited to have David Williams as our guest speaker at this week's AHS meeting. David is a well-respected herpetologist and clinical toxinologist, currently working in Papua New Guinea to improve the treatment of snakebites. Check out David's website [FONT=Arial,helvetica,sans-serif]http://www.kingsnake.com/aho/introduction.html[/FONT][FONT=Arial,helvetica,sans-serif] [/FONT][FONT=Arial,helvetica,sans-serif]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial,helvetica,sans-serif]
Raffle prizes include a signed copy of David Williams’ book
[/FONT][FONT=Arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Venomous Bites and Stings in Papua New Guinea[/FONT][FONT=Arial,helvetica,sans-serif]. [/FONT][FONT=Arial,helvetica,sans-serif]The meeting kicks off at 7.30pm so make sure you are there early to get a seat.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Doors open: 7pm, Wednesday 28 September[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Sydney Mechanics' School of Arts , Mitchell Theatre[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,helvetica,sans-serif]280 Pitt Street (near cnr of Bathurst st) Sydney.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Entry is free for members and $5 for non-members. If you haven't renewed your membership yet then please sign up through our website and pay by PayPal [/FONT][FONT=Arial,helvetica,sans-serif]www.ahs.org.au[/FONT][FONT=Arial,helvetica,sans-serif]. We will also have membership forms on the night for those that would prefer to pay by cheque, money order or cash.[/FONT][FONT=Arial,helvetica,sans-serif]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial,helvetica,sans-serif]
[/FONT]

Last edited by a moderator:
For once I don't have to work the next day! Hooray for school holidays! We teachers need them more than the students (and have more work to do, too).

Good work again Gird! Sorry I can't be there... I was wondering about 'toxinologist' & 'toxicologist'... is there a difference, or is 'toxicologist' an incorrect term like 'antivenene,' which should be either 'venene' or 'antivenom'?

Jamie

Sorry Jamie, i have no idea, i took the term from his many descriptions online. I'll try to ask him what the difference is tonight. Don't forget people, i can't wait for this one. David will be giving an in depth report on the work he does with in PNG with taipans and antivenom. Perfect night to be out in Sydney and refresh at the pub afterwards.

See you there

Toxicology is the study of the effects of toxins on life, while toxinology is the study of biological toxins such as snake venom.

In that case, Dave is a "toxinocologist" because he studies both. :D

One of the best talks I've been to, and I won the raffle yippee!

I think there was a room full of jealous people with that result Bob, haha congrats mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back