Dreamworld tiger

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last time I went to Dreamworld... I snapped this photo of one of the tigers...

181529_10150416157935398_644075397_17169255_7594230_n.jpg

lol...

Lol funny picture, they are lactose intolerant, so maybe he had to much.

Dreamworld does walk adult tigers through the park, guests can pay and walk with them and get photos and all that sort of thing, but those walks take place prior to the park opening so no danger to guests there.

the tigers walked through the park during the day are the 'cubs' their walks started when they were about 2 months I think from memory and they are still going these days, they are over a year old now maybe 2 or 3 I don't remember when they were born, but they are female Sumatran tigers, females aren't as big as males, and sumatrans are nowhere near the size of bengals.

The keepers do a good job, they know their animals well and there's always two keepers walking the tiger, one on either side of the shoulder, quite close together to prevent deviating from the course they are walking on, and all guests only get to pat them from behind. obviously patting is up to keeper discretion anyway and if the tiger was antsy and decided to drop down they'd stop all pats until it settled down and was on its way again.

All of us here on APS regularly handle all sorts of herps on a daily basis. Occasionly we get tagged, whether it is a Scrubbie or a beardie, sometimes they just bite. A large predatory cat will occasionally also give a love bite. It wasn't trying to kill him or else he would be dead. Just a part of the job.:)

Just to clarify, Tiger Island never has and never will walk Adult Tigers through the park during opening hours. The only time they are walked is before hours with up to 5 guests and 3 handlers. 2 control the cat while the third handles the guests. The protocols are very strict and managed very strictly.

The confusion with people thinking they saw adults years ago in the park is due to juvemiles up to 12 months of age being walked. Year old Bengals weigh close to 100kg, so theres your explanation. Adult Cougars were walked daily amongst the crowds during opening hours, though they only weigh about 30kg.

The vomit shot of Sultan (with Keithy looking pretty relaxed in the background) is normal, generally occurs after a chunk feed or bone night. They eat grass to induce vomiting up small bone fragments from the night before.

Last edited:
Did nobody read my post?
I saw a fairly large tiger being walked through the park during opening hours, maybe it wasnt fully grown but it was more than large enough to do considerable damage!

Did nobody read my post?
I saw a fairly large tiger being walked through the park during opening hours, maybe it wasnt fully grown but it was more than large enough to do considerable damage!

Maybe a female Sumatran( the smallest type of tiger)...A big male Bengal can get 550lbs+ and in captivity 600lbs+...that would be insane to walk that around in a crowded park.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back