Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shane, can perfectly understand that the old bill escalated the matter, been on the wrong end of "policing" on more than one occasion, but walking down the road with a python round your neck is going to raise their attention somewhat! If you're straight! good luck...

Wally theres no need to be mean to him

I'm with him ^^^
the media oftan makes a mountain out of a mole hill
what shanehobbs is saying might very well be true but still showing snakes in public with out the right licence is illegal :/

Always good to get another version of the story, the media are known to stretch the truth a bit.
If you didnt mean any harm to the snake, then I hope all goes well for you.

Geez the guy signs up to defend himself and all he gets is a lecture on spelling. We all know the media loves to sensationalise everything and peoples perception of snakes would easily lead them to say he was waving it in their faces even if it was just around his neck. And yes there are corrupt cops believe it or not, one of my best friends was killed by them 20 odd years ago. There is no need to be nasty to the guy, he has admitted his faults and it took guts to come on here and out himself as the owner.

Its funny....there is always two sides to the story and the truth is usually somewhere towards the middle.

I hope you are successful in court and you look after your MD matey.:)

Better get a lawyer son, better get a real good one.

Good luck.

Good luck fighting the cops in court, by the way I wouldn't tell them you take reptiles from the wild to fix them up and make them look better. You may end up in a lot more trouble than you are already in.

you knw what i dont care about my spelling bla bla.

thank you to the ones that support this matter, and dnt wry the truth will be out on the 10.10.11 or near there.
murry was throwen in to the road so of coarse hes going to be harmed.

i dont need your negitivity and i bet if you were here you wouldnt say what ya say on here ta my face hey. thats why u live on these site talking **** about evry one else.

as for snake in public, fk me come on. if they tamme etc y not?????
i mean what are they gonna do bwt wild ones, i bet half u guys gurls wot eva get a shovel and chop there heads off hey, but u wnt admit it.
i take murry threw the sunshine plaza cops have pat him before ive had him in super markets, come on its like havin a bloody dog man, but its a snake.
harden up, if ya keep snakes and you keep them in enclosures do you let them out evry day, do you take em ta the park etc, if not ya craul barsteds let em go.
i love animals and ill speek freely, dont like it dont comment,

i told my side of the story, just a pitty murry a snake and cant talk,

Ok i WAS supporting you, but after that rant at everybody, i officially retract my support.

**shakes head sadly**

Last edited:
What a RICHARD CRANIUM you are, it has been stated that it is illegal to parade around the streets with your snake unless you are appropriately licensed. And even then there are restrictions. And you still think because it is "Tame" it is ok, just think, if you had not left the house with your snake you would not be going through any of this.

What a RICHARD CRANIUM you are, it has been stated that it is illegal to parade around the streets with your snake unless you are appropriately licensed. And even then there are restrictions. And you still think because it is "Tame" it is ok, just think, if you had not left the house with your snake you would not be going through any of this.

When I parade my snake in the streets I get booked for public indecency.... ;)

Terry Ogorman is your man, spelling might be off but im sure google will help with that, brissy based lawyer that specializes in police brutality/corruption. really hope you take the charges on the police further, supposed to be there to serve and protect...which in most cases is what they do but some of them are complete knobs.

leave your snake at home next time

I don't understand why some people see the need to parade their animals around the streets. It's not a toy that you take down the shops to show off to kids. Do they really think their animals enjoy being poked and prodded? There are licensed demonstrators who can do that and have the proper insurances/public liabilities in case someone gets bitten when the snake gets cranky because it's being mauled about by people. You can't compare them to dogs, it's a totally different type of animal and they aren't social/people-friendly the way dogs are. Besides, would you take your dog into the shops? Nope, because it's not allowed. There's a reason animals aren't allowed in places like that.

It is completely irresponsible behaviour. Sorry if the cops mistreated your snake, but you were asking for trouble by taking the poor thing into public to show off.

There is a young girl in my area that has the same mentality, I have overheard her in a pet shop stating that her 9ft BHP was in her handbag (by the look of the bag she was tellin the truth). My younger brother and a friend also saw her on the bus with an adult Carpet draped around her neck, when something was said about it being illegal she replied "its my snake and I can take it where I want,when I want".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back