They "must" like me

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

solar 17

Over the last 15 years the Queensland Parks & Wildlife Service (EPA) has now visited me 11 times including yesterday for 3 hrs there was one period where l had 4 visits in 17 weeks, threatened with court action (then dropped) for having a pair of Dusky Loris had my books taken and still not one fault has been found, one ranger threatened to camp on my nature strip plus some highly impersonal comments although yesterday's rangers were quite pleasant to deal with, what they said was its illegal to do "any" deals away from your residence so all those who meet at Macs or a garage those deals to them are illegal (l have people to my house) except on very very rare occasions.

What my question is how many visits in QLD. have people had ?

not once have they ever found "anything"

solar 17 (Baden)

None in the last 13 years.
I can understand about the deals away from a residence - that would require a Movement Advice to take the animals there (Macs car park, etc.).

thats what happens when your so popular :)

never - for me, but i might have just jinxed myself :)

joys of having a small quality collection i welcome a visit.

I reckon if your playing by the rules they'll find or get squat. It's all about having your paperwork in order.........

Hmm sounds like harassment to me,...maybe do a audio recording each time they visit and see if you can't turn the tables on them a little with their threats etc.

Why do they need to come so often?? If they have not found a thing what's the fascination with your place? Maybe it's as you mentioned in your title or they like to look at your top notch reps like us. :p

Be interesting to see how many others have had simular repeat visits.

I've never been visited not worried about it either as far as i know i don't have anything to hide lol.

Try offering them alcohol on their next visit?

what they said was its illegal to do "any" deals away from your residence so all those who meet at Macs or a garage those deals to them are illegal (l have people to my house) except on very very rare occasions.

So what about exports? :)

I wonder what the legislation states with regard to exchanging animals away from home. Rangers are not lawyers and just because their interpretation of the act is that it is illegal to exchange doesn't meant that they are right. I doubt that this has ever been legally tested so unless the legislation is very specific, their interpretation may not be correct.

Baden, I think you'll find that someone who doesn't like you is causing this. Think back to any circumstance in the past where someone might have a grievance... often you'll find that it may be someone who has something to hide who is taking the heat off themselves...

As far as the carpark transactions are concerned - ask the officers if they are prepared to guarantee the security of your collection if they demand that you conduct all transactions at home. They cannot force you to compromise the wellbeing of you collection by a stupid bureaucratic requirement like that. It's the same as putting all details, including actual addresses on transaction forms. It's a very real breach of security, and an open invitation to creeps who want what you've got.

Jamie

To negate this you could have a M/A from your address and do the exchange up the road; the advice and act does not state you cannot stop for food or heaven's a flat tyre.

Billy

I've had 4 in the last 17 years of keeping birds and reptiles. The first 3 they just rocked up on my doorstep for random inspection. The last time (6months ago) they called first and organised a day to come around for inspection which is apparently what they have to do now.
Although it can be inconvenient I would prefer that they do random inspections as it makes it harder for people to get away with being dodgy.

Cheers,
Al

I suspect the notification of a visit is probably something to do with the EPA officers not having the powers to force entry onto premises (correct me if I'm wrong as I have never looked at QLD legislation). I imagine they would have to call the police to force entry if a keeper refused to allow an inspection.

They never had the intention of forced entry when doing randoms, they always asked if it was a good time and if not they can come back at a time that was more convenient.
If they wanted to force entry they would just arrive with the police and a warrant I'd expect.

Never heard from them, I can't understand them enforcing transactions must be done from home, I won't even put my address on any ma's. Surely this is just standard security, which they should understand?

I suspect the notification of a visit is probably something to do with the EPA officers not having the powers to force entry onto premises (correct me if I'm wrong as I have never looked at QLD legislation). I imagine they would have to call the police to force entry if a keeper refused to allow an inspection.

I think WA is the only state where wildlife officers can enter your house without a warrant, but they cannot enter a bedroom of bathroom if they do, so the regs stipulate that you may NOT keep reptiles in a bedroom or bathroom. Elsewhere you are within your rights to politely suggest a mutually suitable time for them to come back if they turn up cold. This is as it should be - no government official should have open and uninvited access to your residence during routine activities. If they have genuine reasons for believing that illegal activities are taking place, it's a different story and they would always have a warrant and be accompanied by police.

Jamie

Last edited by a moderator:
Since 1994 = one visit and they were sweet, polite and non-intrusive :)

mmm...I like you and never (hardly ever) visit you :)

Last edited:
WOW... I have never been visited by the EPA for any reason. I have had my licence for about 7 years now.

i cant even get the buggers on the phone to find stuff out.... nope not a visit phone call or even a letter to say anything.... they mustn't like me.... oh well with freinds like that who needs enemy's...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back