They "must" like me

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Horrible thing to happen to that family, but I don't know if I'm completely against it. If the information was correct and an attack was potentially stopped then I say good job. I'd much rather have someone (even myself if it came down to it) to be harassed a little bit, rather than take a chance so we don't step on any delicate flowers toes and have a bomb go off. Since these new laws they raided residencies in Sydney and they've uncovered plans and materials for large scale bombs.

Think about that attack that happened in Norway or wherever it was, where that guy pumped rounds into school children and similtaneously blew up a building... If someone actually decided to raid him they would have found his plans, which were found after the fact. They had more than enough reason to, he purchased 5 tons of fertiliser....

It's a shame that a-holes dob innocent people in for their own amusement, but if it got to the stage where it was "just another person crying wolf" then who knows what could happen.

There was a case in the UK where a bloke was living with the train bombers and a sim card of the bomber was found at the house of the "innocent" man. He was held and released after a couple of weeks. There's no doubt in my mind that he knew about the attacks. I think they were right in detaining him.

I had DOCS at my place after every beating i copped. I am quite sure i had NO right to turn them away, their job is to check that in cases like this the children are safe. In each report DOCS presented to the courts it was stated why they were doing checks & that i always co-operated with them. Maybe i could have just turned them away, but im pretty sure they would then think that perhaps i had something to hide & would have just have come back with the police anyway.As for how traumatic it is on the children involved, whether it be DOCS or the police coming through your house, i completely agree, it can be very scary for little poeple, but in most cases, they dont make a habit of just targeting innocent people so in reality it isnt the agency's in the wrong, it is the people at the premises & whatever it is that causes them to keep coming back that is the problem.

Sorry, but since 9/11 yes they do make a habit of targeting innocent people. They have been given a ridiculous amount of power now and in some cases you no longer have rights to excercise. I won't let any government department into my home without prior notice or authorisation on principal, but if the police or AFP etc. decided to search my home, under the new laws I have no option but to let them without a warrant. I have nothing to hide which is why I should not have to be subjected to the invasive measures used by these departments. I understand your case is a little different but it doesn't make what they do right or even legal.

had my Lic now 4 5yrs (just got my 1st snake 2 weeks ago tho!) and Iv never had a visit. Id be ok if they just dropped over as I always like to have a cuppa tea and a chat!!! Never know what pointers they may give me!

Horrible thing to happen to that family, but I don't know if I'm completely against it. If the information was correct and an attack was potentially stopped then I say good job. I'd much rather have someone (even myself if it came down to it) to be harassed a little bit, rather than take a chance so we don't step on any delicate flowers toes and have a bomb go off. Since these new laws they raided residencies in Sydney and they've uncovered plans and materials for large scale bombs.

Think about that attack that happened in Norway or wherever it was, where that guy pumped rounds into school children and similtaneously blew up a building... If someone actually decided to raid him they would have found his plans, which were found after the fact. They had more than enough reason to, he purchased 5 tons of fertiliser....

It's a shame that a-holes dob innocent people in for their own amusement, but if it got to the stage where it was "just another person crying wolf" then who knows what could happen.

There was a case in the UK where a bloke was living with the train bombers and a sim card of the bomber was found at the house of the "innocent" man. He was held and released after a couple of weeks. There's no doubt in my mind that he knew about the attacks. I think they were right in detaining him.

The point is, if they had just asked a couple of questions before raiding at gun point and arresting they would have found out that he had nothing to hide, they have the powers so they use them. Why hold him for 10 days without even interviewing him and what right did they have to scream and hurl abuse at innocent children. The police can now search and detain if they slightly suspect illegal activity which opens up a huge can of worms and avenues for abuse by the more corrupt members of law enforcement.

cause i have a seperate controlled enviroment room for my reps.... if parks rock up do ya reckon i could tell em that they can see them but they will have to go threw a quarantine period... of my descrection... and then they can go threw and have a look... then sit the buggers out back with the bull terrier for a coulpa hours...

What are you talking about? What do you call a quarantine - sitting outside for a couple of hours?

The point is, if they had just asked a couple of questions before raiding at gun point and arresting they would have found out that he had nothing to hide, they have the powers so they use them. Why hold him for 10 days without even interviewing him and what right did they have to scream and hurl abuse at innocent children. The police can now search and detain if they slightly suspect illegal activity which opens up a huge can of worms and avenues for abuse by the more corrupt members of law enforcement.

If I was hiding bombs, I'd try to be as polite as possible and lie my butt off in an effort to make them think they had the wrong person.

If I was hiding bombs, I'd try to be as polite as possible and lie my butt off in an effort to make them think they had the wrong person.
For gods sakes, he was a market gardener, as in commercial size, if they had bothered to ask and check receipts and business dealings they could have cleared it up in minutes. Not to mention the fact he's lived here for 15 odd years with not even a parking fine or speeding ticket.

'Kaotikjezta' I also understand where you are coming from, however just because you know personally that these people had nothing to hide doesnt mean the police should have 'just asked a few questions'.........your point is that since 9/11 things have gotten worse, which i wont deny, BUT if police have suspicions or information that someone is a danger, then im sorry but they definately should take action. There is a small majority of cops, just like any other profession, that do use their power in an unjust way, however after MANY police visits i have to admit the cops have ALWAYS respected that i have had children at the house & have gone about their business in an appropriate way. A great example of this is one time while i was being loaded into an ambulance & the police were arresting my ex & photographing damages, one officer dished my kids up a bowl of ice cream while waiting for my mum to arrive to collect them. They are not all bad!

'Kaotikjezta' I also understand where you are coming from, however just because you know personally that these people had nothing to hide doesnt mean the police should have 'just asked a few questions'.........your point is that since 9/11 things have gotten worse, which i wont deny, BUT if police have suspicions or information that someone is a danger, then im sorry but they definately should take action. There is a small majority of cops, just like any other profession, that do use their power in an unjust way, however after MANY police visits i have to admit the cops have ALWAYS respected that i have had children at the house & have gone about their business in an appropriate way. A great example of this is one time while i was being loaded into an ambulance & the police were arresting my ex & photographing damages, one officer dished my kids up a bowl of ice cream while waiting for my mum to arrive to collect them. They are not all bad!
That is very different, you were the victim, not the person they wanted to bust for something. I see it all the time around here, druggies buying and selling drugs all over the street but the cops target the young kids hanging out with friends after school, why coz they don't like the look of them. And you still haven't explained how locking someone up for 10 days without an interview is finding information.

EDIT: Sorry for hijacking your thread by the way.

Last edited:
So are you saying they would have treated my kids differently if i was in the wrong? Im sorry, but i cant agree with you on that. The police or anyone else for that matter dont generally consider woman in dv cases victims.......they see it all too much, we are simply stupid for staying, & they just do their job. But at all times my children have always been the innocent ones, & i cant see they ever would have been treated differently!

As for your question about locking someone up for 10 days without an interview etc.......i cant see how that would even be legal, are you sure thats the way it went down or is this just what your friends have told you? If it really is the case, & they had NO reasons for keeping him......perhaps he should have seeked legal advice!

no not just sitting outside... make them go threw a whole heap of bullshit... forms to state who they are and relevant numbers disclosures about where they have been and what animals they have been in contact with... the list goes on... making them sign a then they can go thre the same wash down proceedures that i do to enter the room... nothing flash just a time consuming excerise as well... as i have nothing to hide and im meant to have the reps welfare in mind.. i cant see them being able to decline... and might make them think twice about coming again...

So are you saying they would have treated my kids differently if i was in the wrong? Im sorry, but i cant agree with you on that. The police or anyone else for that matter dont generally consider woman in dv cases victims.......they see it all too much, we are simply stupid for staying, & they just do their job. But at all times my children have always been the innocent ones, & i cant see they ever would have been treated differently!
Sorry, will rephrase, they see your kids as victims, not the children of terrorists who obviously have no rights.

Sorry, will rephrase, they see your kids as victims, not the children of terrorists who obviously have no rights.

Thats garbage! ALL children are considered innocent, whether their parents are terrorists, junkies, hookers etc or not, until they themselves do the wrong thing!

Site rule.
6. Posts must remain on the topic of the thread.

Site rule.
Your right, I respectfully bow out of the above conversation with a closing statement of tell that to this guys kids who had guns pointed in there faces and abuse hurled at them and their mother. As for the original post, I too would be starting to consider this behaviour as constituting harassment and abuse of power.

Site rule.

Sorry Baden.......although it got off track, i still stand by what i said earlier, i agree that perhaps you have been made an unfair target, whether it be someone you know personally or as someone else mentioned maybe a neighbour.....

For gods sakes, he was a market gardener, as in commercial size, if they had bothered to ask and check receipts and business dealings they could have cleared it up in minutes. Not to mention the fact he's lived here for 15 odd years with not even a parking fine or speeding ticket.

So because someone owns a commercial sized business and for all intents and purposes seems like an upstanding individual, they are exempt from scrutiny if a call has come in about them? EVERYTHING should be investigated. You should know yourself that things aren't always as they seem, and that big professional people can and have caused monumental tragedies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back