respitoral infection

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

clipo38

Reaction score
so guys
l have found some symtoms of respitoral infection with my jungle :( . l am takeing him to the vet but is there anything l can do now. Everything is normal except his behaviour he is now placid and also there is the mucus around the mouth. When l first suspected he had it l changed him to a taller tank ( 4 2 2 L W H ) and gave him a creametic bulb ( insted of a heat pad ) is there anything l can do to make sure that he is happy (ish) before visiting the vet. also does anyone know of a good vet around sydney that does pythons.
thanks

I would be cranking his heat to about 30-32c and leaving it on 24/7. It is important that he stays warm while fighting RI. Even downsizing him back to his old enclosure or a to a tub so that he has more chance of staying warm. I am sure the vet will give you the best advice, but 24/7 heating will result in him getting over it better.

you could try the ri treament that someone posted the other day with boiling water and vicks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back