How much for a 100% het for albino jungle?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

snakeynewbie

Reaction score
I'm about to start hunting a 100% het to eventually pair with the 66% het jungle I've been offered on the off chance it turns out he is a carrier. Just wondering what would be considered a good price for one?

Also I think I've caught the bug, I got offered a few choices and have decided against the coastal in favour of this little jungle but now I'm sitting here contemplating not only getting a second one as a pair to the jungle but trying to work out where I could hide the coastal too :lol:

do you mean het for albino jungle or het for tiger jungle, or something else?......:rolleyes:

i'm pretty sure you have been hoaxed mate, there is no such thing as a 100% het for albino jungle unless you were paying big bucks on a new morph that doesn't exist! lol:lol:

more than likely been crossed with a darwin for the genetics ... but depends on how trusted the seller is

hmmm, I'm getting this one from a bloke I trust who breeds LOTS of fabulous snakes, maybe I've misunderstood. I'll ask him a few more questions.

Possibly kupper, he does outcross a few to bring colours in to others and then breeds them back. Like I say I suspect I've just misunderstood, there were darwin X jungles offered as well so maybe this is actually one of those

even if it was het for albino if it was crossed with a darwin it would never produce true albino jungles they would be crosses

Yeah I realise that Frogboy, that's why I said I need to clarify with the guy what it actually is.

Out of interest does anyone know why albino hasn't made it into jungles?

Seems like so many species have albinos readily available whichkind of makes it surprising that a species which is so common in captivity hasn't appeared in albino yet.

Yeah I realise that Frogboy, that's why I said I need to clarify with the guy what it actually is.

ok.... i was just explaining it! , just saying that it is highly unlikely that even if was crossed and whatnot it wouldn't produce albinos

A het to het pairing should still produce approx 1/4 albinos

Sorry if I sounded a bit short I didn't mean to, had a long day today, I'm covered in mud, gravel, chicken blood and I'm pretty sure kangaroo wee and I desperately need a shower :lol:

sounds like bit of a hoax to me. the first albino's available of both darwins and olives went for very big bucks and no reputable breeder would sell off an albino or het albino pure jungle for under 10 g's at a guess. it is either not het at all or is a darwin x jungle which would result in not pure species. the chances of hitting an albino are very slim and i believe the first darwin albino was wild caught at a very young age and bought by sxr later to be called 'blondie'. check out souther cross reptiles for the history on it. not sure about the first albino olive though. good luck!

You cant 'make' albinos. Unless your crossing them with something that already has albino genetics but it wouldnt be pure. They need to be found...

Out of interest does anyone know why albino hasn't made it into jungles?

Seems like so many species have albinos readily available whichkind of makes it surprising that a species which is so common in captivity hasn't appeared in albino yet.

An natural wild albino of any species, including people, is very rare
Maybe there has never been a wild albino Jungle as they are not a very numerous snake and only found in pretty specific areas??
It is only when one is found or that gene pops up somewhere that they become available
Then breeders have the chance to encourage that faulty gene and they become a desirable item

Even an albino still has light markings
Look at the head markings/pattern
There is a big difference between a pure Jungles head markings and the only Albinos legally on the market which are Darwins
That should be the deciding factor in this case

even albinos spotted in the wild need to be caught and have the gene line bred. There is the rumoured albino diamond spotted in the wild but i haven't heard anything about that animal being in the hobby. Plus the legalities of capturing wild animals.

I have a pair or 100% het darwin x jungle but the darwin look is pretty much gone and they look jungle. no one picks there not. Before you shoot me down i know there not pure jungles but they have the apperance of a jungle.

Maybe that's what these are Willo because they certainly look like jungles but I'm certain he said they were possible het for albino.

As long as you dont pay big bucks give it a go. At the end of the day i do it for the look of the animal and i dont give a rats for percentage of jungle over darwin. If i breed an albino that looks different to a darwin ill be happy but would never claim it as albino jungle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back