The things we do for our pets!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

snakeynewbie

Reaction score
I decided to start cutting a base for a fake rock tank divider, instead I sliced the tip of my finger right down to the bone. I've ummed and ahhed about going to the hospital but it's an hour round trip plus however long the wait is in triage so I'm just going to strap it tight and let it heal since it's a nice straight cut froma very sharp clean blade...

Anyway, off to strap it up and get bake to my fake rock :lol:

pics or it didnt happen =P

would you need stitches for something like that?? some very lucky reps you have!

It's what I'd call borderline for stitches and I'm not interested in hours of driving and waiting for something that is borderline so I'll just tough it out :D

It's what I'd call borderline for stitches and I'm not interested in hours of driving and waiting for something that is borderline so I'll just tough it out :D

haha your a lot tougher then me! id be at that hospital quick smart!

be careful you have not cut or damaged a nerve or you will have sensation problems

i did a clean cut on the crease on the finger at the first knuckle and nicked the nerve, still go no feeling in that area but i think its slowly starting to heal

Meh, I won't have removed too much area of sensation if I have nicked a nerve, it's only the very tip of my finger so no great loss :lol:

Isn't it throbbing like anything if you've sliced it down to the bone ??! :shock: My finger's throbbing just reading about it!

Yep, it's throbbing like heck and my finger is pretty swollen too but I've tapped it back together and it's feeling a little less throbby now.

be careful you have not cut or damaged a nerve or you will have sensation problems

i did a clean cut on the crease on the finger at the first knuckle and nicked the nerve, still go no feeling in that area but i think its slowly starting to heal

I still have very limited sensation in small areas on two fingers from cuts over 10 years ago. The joy of working with sharp knives.

Superglue. It's what it was developed for...

Band-aids fix everything in my opinion, unless your my wife who took the end of her finger off with the v-slicer and didnt think so though.... we've got some crackin pics :p

Yeah, I've done the pressure til it stopped bleeding and then I taped it up. Too busy to bother elevating it, she'll be right :p

My kids aren't allowed band aids, it's either not worth anything or it's too bad for a band aid. Brush it off and get on with it :lol:

Yep, it's throbbing like heck and my finger is pretty swollen too but I've tapped it back together and it's feeling a little less throbby now.

I dont know if its true but they did a study on pain and found you can confuse your brain about pain, say if you stub your toe you cross your arms and legs and your brain gets confused and the pain lessens, from what I read it works

I dont know if its true but they did a study on pain and found you can confuse your brain about pain, say if you stub your toe you cross your arms and legs and your brain gets confused and the pain lessens, from what I read it works

Then stub your toe, cross your limbs and get back to us:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back