How much for a 100% het for albino jungle?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1st gen 50% jungle / 50% Darwin
2nd gen 75% jungle / 25% Darwin
If you keep crossing back to jungles you get 88%,94%,97%, 98.5%, 99.25% ect after 10 gen it will be 99.9% jungle but this would take over 40years and even longer for albino because it's a rec. gene. But after 5 generations you will not be able to tell it has any Darwin in it...

Why would you bother it will still be yellow and white but a Bredli would be crazy being orange/red and white

Last edited:
Going off government rules for who can claim aboriginal heritage I believe it's up to 1/16 which is fourth generation. So maybe snakes are the same :p

Some people will lie it's the type of person they are if you buy a albino jungle it's a cross you can be 99% sure of that

albino spotted pythons were breed not caught people if you dont know what you're talking about... (google it and become an expert ;))
i never claimed to be an expert, nor does googling something make you one. I meant albinos seen in the wild not albino spotted pythons in the wild.

You'd be stupid to pay anymore for it that what a Het Darwin costs.

Strictly speaking they will never be 100% Jungle. In saying that how many so called normal Jungles are getting sold these days that are not 100% Jungles (LOTS) !!!!!
Paul

Just remember, its already hard to give away normal looking mongrels, in two years it will be much harder if not impossible. So chances are for the non-albs you will either have to keep them all, lie about there heritage to move them on or store them in the freezer.

Just out of interest. Say you crossed an albino darwin with a jungle. How many generations would you have to have, if breeding back into 'pure' jungles, before you can call it a jungle again? I suppose its like having an ancestor who was of a different race. after a few generations, the genes are still there but for all intensive purposes you are what you are

In livestock f4's and further can be registered as pure

this is pure cross, then baby crossed to a pure, then that baby crossed to a pure and so forth so forth its not jsut crossing f1's together then f2's together

Last edited:
Its a funny topic this one.

Once upon a not too long ago I remember people getting abused left right and centre over intergrades/crosses. Purists were up in arms about people crossing diamonds and coastals and calling them intergrades, even though they are naturally occuring. God help anyone who thought of crossing more detached sub species.

Then the jag phenomenon came about and all hell broke loose. A few years later and its commonplace. hmmmmmmmmmm
"STILL" amazing to hear Diamond x Coastal are natural...:shock: after all the info put out....The purists dont bother anymore, because Oz is obviously going full pelt American x European................:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back