Bathurst

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

traceylee

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone here is heading out there to watch this weekend?!
Im heading out Friday and I absolutely can't wait!

I would love to go, but I'll be watching it on Tv, this time next year, I will be driving, so I'm definitely on my down!

As someone who is originally from Bathurst, I hate being there on race weekend.
Far too many bogans, drunk idiots, etc.

Not to mention, the town is so ridiculously packed! We used to go and stock up on groceries the week beforehand wanting
to avoid the rush come race week. It's gotten even worse since they've 'revamped' the CBD by narrowing roads and putting in
wide walkways / seating along the main streets.

My grandmother used to do catering for the Council's pit-side booth and I used to go all the time.. However I found it better to watch on TV.
It's a tad frustrating sitting in one place and seeing the occasional car go past.

Yeah - I can imagine how frustrating it would be having to live there :)

But part of the reason people go is for the atmosphere. You're right though; you see more on tv; but yeah - you don't get the atmosphere of actually being there.
We are only heading out for the Friday; left accommodation too late (and there's only one place I would stay anyway which is booked out for the next 3-4 years :/ ), so will see the actual race on tv.

Booked out for 3-4 years? eek, that's insane..

That's what I thought!
They did tell me I could put my name down on a waiting list.... but somehow - I still don't think I'd get a room!

That's a long wait, damn!
My uncle and aunty used to go every year, since 97'. Now they've moved to Perth, but are still called every year being asked if they want that spot, in the camp grounds after the chase, closest camp spot to the track, it's great!

They must have bought the rights to it or something, to be called every year, as they did go every year. If that's still the case, I'm gonna try get it, for next year.

I also cannot go but have chips and other nibbles ready Let the race begin
F1 also on so both tv`s will be going

We are going to the F1 next year.
Also going to Sandown next month - can't wait for that either!

Used to go every year camping on the inside of mountain straight just after the pit access rd. The organiser of our campsites got called for 2 years after we stopped going. The 3rd year he was going to camp there again and never got a call. Sucked as you could see a fair bit from there standing on top of a hiace commuter as a platform.

Was she getting super psyched for the weekend and having a bit of a spirited drive? :p Glad she's alright. Hopefully it was a holden ute.

Wish I could go to Bathurst, but I really want to get an apartment on the inside of the hairpin at the GC 600. That's a pretty exciting part of the track, and when the cars have gone through the turn, you can pop back inside and watch it on TV ;) My mate did it last year with his old man.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wish I could go to Bathurst, but I really want to get an apartment on the inside of the hairpin at the GC 600. That's a pretty exciting part of the track, and when the cars have gone through the turn, you can pop back inside and watch it on TV ;) My mate did it last year with his old man.

hubby stayed up there for that too. He was there pitting, so didn't really see much though

I came through there Monday night and there are already people camping up on the mountain.

I live 30mins from it and won't be going :lol:
If you are after accomodation call places in Blayney if you need to, not sure how booked out they are (lots of miners for Cadia stay at the hotels/motels on a regular basis) but a 30min drive is not too bad.
Have fun guys :)

ps GO HOLDEN :D

Ah ok, that's no good. At least she's OK :)

Last edited by a moderator:
im starting to find the supercars boring, although i will be parked on my lounge for bathurst

im starting to find the supercars boring, although i will be parked on my lounge for bathurst

Redbull is introducing F1 to the US next year. The track looks like it will be BAD. Might be something different to watch. The F1's are pretty exciting, it's crazy how nimbly they can handle at ridiculous speeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back