making the babies?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SchwarzWurm

Not so new Member
Reaction score
well only this week i bought a female SXR line black and gold jungle, she had been cooled but not expected to breed this year as she is only 18months.
i have housed her with my male of the same age who is currently through 80% of his shed cycle.
now i thought that he would be disinterested in her, however i believe im wrong, within the first 8 hours of having her home, i looked to see if my male was in his usual hide, but he wasnt so i checked my new females hide and low and behold both of them were in there.
i haven't actually seen them mate at all, and i have been keeping an eye on them. today is the 3rd day i have obsevred them together, after a while the male does go back to his hide could they just be "chilling" or am i just fooling myself ?

Check out the female's anal scale. If it is bent, it has recently been 'disturbed' and you know there's a bit more than just cuddling going on.

Do you not realise that you endanger your males health by not putting the female through a quarantine period?

the female i have was kept by herself, she is from a disease free collection, she had already been quarantined.
I know how and when to quarantine my animals so in the future unless it is called for id appreciate it if you keep your comments to yourself or at least ask me first.

Last edited:
the female i have was kept by herself, she is from a disease free collection, she had already been quarantined.
I know how and when to quarantine my animals so in the future unless it is called for id appreciate it if you keep your comments to yourself or at least ask me first.
Just because she was kept by herself, doesn't mean anything. How long was she "quarantined"? Proper quarantine is a min. of 6 months, best to be 1-2yrs.

Unless you make mention of quarantine, expect to get questions when you mention; "well only this week i bought a...." and "i have housed her with my..." in the same post.

Yes, I did ask you before I said anything further (see the question mark? yes, that means it is a question).

I alerted the previous owner to my intentions long before i purchased her, he assured me she had been by her self for over 18 months, in a completely clean isolated enclosure, i had also spoken to other members who had purchased from the same breeder to confirm the health of this breeders animals and their practices.

yes indeed that was a question but you have misread. the question you posted was rather condescending you could have asked simply "has she been quarantined?", and even in your last comment you seem rather condescending. I appreciate any comments from other members but do not appreciate it nor will i accept any demeaning attitude towards me, as I wouldn't do that to others.

In light of this i thank you for your advice of putting the fact she had been quarantined in my original post, I will do that in the future as to prevent any confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back