Council just came to take my dog

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KaotikJezta

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Plotting world domination from the depths of Hellb
We have three Jack Russells next door that constantly bark at my dog and hype him up. Well today the inevitable happened and the fence gave way and he killed one of their dogs. I have just surrendered him to council. I am so devastated, I feel like I have betrayed him but I really had no choice. RIP Kaeleb and my neighbors little dog, what a rotten day this is going to be. :cry:

So sorry to hear :(

What sort of dog did you have? Its a shame that it was essentially provoked and leniency cant be granted.

Can't you kennel him until the situation can be sorted out and the fence fixed to prevent it happening again?? It doesn't mean he's vicious, he's just doing what dogs do in circumstances like that. They just need to be kept apart.

Jamie

funny people with little rat dogs never take responsibility for anything...
They let their dogs go and go and go, and growl their little heads off "cause it's cute"...then complain when something happens.

Hey... I've got two rat dogs (and a beautiful Staffy) and I'm entirely responsible for them. That's a broad statement which is entirely unhelpful at this time. KaotikJezta needs support and advice just now...

Jamie

They aren't at fault. It was most likely unforseeen but Kaoticjezta is at fault because her dog broke the fence and went into another persons property.

Rotten situation. Something very similar happened to me when i was house sitting for some family friends which resulted in one of their dogs being destroyed. I felt pretty terrible.

funny people with little rat dogs never take responsibility for anything...
They let their dogs go and go and go, and growl their little heads off "cause it's cute"...then complain when something happens.

Omg.. go get him back.

Id go to court if i had to, no way id give him up..i dont think its your fault at all.
Very sad.. go take him back!

Too late Jamie the council has already taken him and as he is the big dog, it is most likely he broke the fence so the blame is on me and it is considered a dog attack.

Is there nothing you can do to stall for time? Seems to be a knee-jerk reaction to deal with it so swiftly.

Jamie

What are your neighbours like? If they understand dogs they won't 'blame' you - it's the nature of the beasts. It's just as much the neighbour's resonsibility to ensure a dividing fence is secure. They'll be upset naturally, but they may be understanding and not take the matter further.

There was something on TV last night about a similar incident - two JRs killed by ridgebacks which got through a dividing fence. The interviewed (and devastated) JR owners weren't apportioning blame and understod that it's just what happens when infrastructure fails...

Jamie

im so sorry to hear this, its really not fair sometimes, my friend had the most beautiful friendly big dog ever (actually my dogs brother) and he kept breaking the fence and killing sheep, she even tied him up with a big chain n he broke it, she had to surrender him or they were going to come take him away. its so unfair, i hope you feel better in time, id be devasted :(

i have a staffy and a staffy x one day a cat from next door entered my yard and was killed by the staffy she is now labeled a dangerous dog and i had to do so many things to my house otherwise i couldn't keep her i wouldnt give up on it is there nothing u can do

Well, i didnt mean it to sound like she doesnt love her dog, she obviously does or she wouldnt be here.. i just dont get how you can just surrender your pet so fast.

What a horrible situation for you :(
I am sorry you are having to go through this.
How sickening the thought must be for you; knowing you still have to inform the neighbours :( I hope they will be understanding of the situation.
My thoughts are with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back