Worried about my Beardies

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

melsilver

Reaction score
I recently purchased 2 adult bearded dragon from interstate. Everything went smoothly until it came to freighting them to me. They were booked in no worries and apparently made it from Melbourne to Brisbane without a problem but they were then supposed to be sent to Longreach from there. When I went to pick them up from the airport they just weren't there. Apparently there was medical supplies on board that were packed in dry ice and live animals cannot be shipped with dry ice as it sucks all the oxygen out of the air. Medical supplies take priority over anything else, so my two beardies are stuck in the Brisbane airport inside cloth bags over night and won't get here until 2.20pm tommorrow. I am so upset about this and worried for their safety and also extremely angry with AAE for not even bothering to let anyone know that their animals would not be arriving. Has anyone else had this sort of trouble before. Will my dragons be ok?:(

if the sender did all the right things then i think they will be find just have a warm enclosure and water for them when they get home.

I agree, if they were packed properly they will be fine. Maybe just a little cold!

Open the packaging up as soon as you get it and check on them....get them warm and settled as soon as you can and they will be fine. It's not that cold up there at the moment anyhow ;)

I plan on giving them a warm bath and under the lights and a big salad with mealworms. I'm glad to hear they will be ok. I think I'd be pretty stressed closed up in a bag all day and night

mate had this happen twice.... AAE....sleepless night but both times arrived safe and sound.... both were packed well tho... best of luck it sucks....

my first bd had to spend the night in sydney after the breeder was given the wrong fight information, arrived safe and sound no worries, cause she got cold she just went to sleep which was probably a good thing for her

Unfortunately this happens all the time with AAE.
I freight a lot of beardies through them and it happens about 2 times a year.
As said if all packed well they will be fine and could even last a week like this.
Hope they were ok when you picked them up,all the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back