Spring water or tap water for reptiles?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mo Deville

Reaction score
Just wondering what type of water everyone gives their reptiles, I give my jungles spring water as we have fluride in our tap water and what ever else they put in it.

Cheers Mo ;)

Just wondering what type of water everyone gives their reptiles, I give my jungles spring water as we have fluride in our tap water and what ever else they put in it.

Cheers Mo ;)

Have you actually looked what's in spring water, there are more disolved minerals and salts in spring water then there are in most tap water.

Tap water, if its good enough for me its good enough for my reptiles

Have you actually looked what's in spring water, there are more disolved minerals and salts in spring water then there are in most tap water.

I thought minerals and salts were a good thing as it is more natural and living beings would need it, but these are my first two snakes and just want to see what other people use for reptiles, me and my dogs drink tap water obviously but I would't put it in a fish tank without treating it first or you'll have no fish left lol.

I thought minerals and salts were a good thing as it is more natural and living beings would need it, but these are my first two snakes and just want to see what other people use for reptiles, me and my dogs drink tap water obviously but I would't put it in a fish tank without treating it first or you'll have no fish left lol.
i top up my eel tail cat fishes tank with warm tap water , and it never had any issues [ but it is a freak of nature lol]

This was discussed previously (and heated) http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/...sion-42/flouride-town-water-ok-snakes-133215/

Tap water is perfect... In fact, for a snake or reptile it's better than perfect - keep it fresh, keep it clean... Keep it coming from the tap!

Reasons to NOT buy bottled water:

1) In some cases it comes from the same source you get yours from...

2) It requires plastic bottles (or any form of manufacturing)

3) It's expensive...

4) In most cases it's probably been through more pipes than the water you get in your tap... Think about it, there's not a bunch of 20 cent per hour workers down at the river filling up bottles of water (is there?).

And finally...

5) The removal of bacteria, sediment, and other nasties from town water is highly beneficial for captive animals...

Read that other thread (above) and then be at least slightly informed!

I take my animals wealfare very seriously. So I make my own water..
For those who want to do the same it's 2 parts Hydrogen 1 part Oxygen.

I take my animals wealfare very seriously. So I make my own water..
For those who want to do the same it's 2 parts Hydrogen 1 part Oxygen.

There's a much better (and explosive) way to do this (all jokes aside). Literally two parts hydrogen and one part oxygen... An experiment we do in the lab for kicks...

A large milo tin with a hole for a hose in the bottom and a smaller (about the size of a nail) hole in the lid. You fill the milo tin with hydrogen (usually from a gas bottle or make it yourself from strong hydrochloric acid (at least 2 molar) and lumps of zinc or magnesium).

Flush the tin with the hydrogen first, then put your finger over the hole in the lid, fill the tin, remove the hose, remove your finger and quickly light the top.

The hydrogen burns clear, you can't see the flame at all... When it reaches 2:1 BOOOM SHAKKKA! You're left with tiny droplets of water floating around the room...

Filtered water, if you have a filter, will only filter out some particles... and personally... I think they're a waste of time... However, they're not totally useless if maintained...

Just use tap water....

What do you think that they drink in the wild Or nature, No tap water there & if it was really dry & only muddy puddles were available they would drink that.

My snakes get tap water & refreshed & cleaned maybe weekly or when I get the oportunity.
This crap about fresh water every day & bottled water & tank water SOUNDS to me that it is more likely coming from a human than the snakes perspective.

Cheers
Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back