Odds of rsp's for sale at sydney expo next year?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They may be just "brown" but so are antaresia!! and they're very popular..

...indeed, and with those similarities we're seeing a price which is also similar :)

They're neat snakes, they're unique, they have an interesting story, but only the connoisseur herper cares, and anyone who cares all that much has had the opportunity to buy one for several years at a low price. Bright colours are what attract newbies to snakes, and the majority of snakes are purchased by newbies. If you love the snakes, what does it matter if they're cheap? Rough-scaled Pythons are something you keep because they're unique, they appeal to you as a python/Morelia keeping connoisseur, and if that's you, lucky you, you can get them cheaply, and if you love them you'll probably be interested in breeding them even though it's a hobby rather than a lucrative business. If you want to make your fortune breeding snakes, get into Carpet Python morphs, Chondroes or some other popular/new thing (for the record, I don't keep Carpets, Chondroes or Rough-scaled Pythons, although I do like the Rough-scaleds).

If you want to make your fortune breeding snakes, get into Carpet Python morphs, Chondroes or some other popular/new thing (for the record, I don't keep Carpets, Chondroes or Rough-scaled Pythons, although I do like the Rough-scaleds).

I don't know many people making fortune out of any species Sdaji. Chondros are out because they are on class 2 licence in NSW, prohibited import in WA and Tas and they're far from being a perfect snake for a newbie. Jags have stigma attached to them, so what's left of the colourful lot? The old carpets. LOL

Last edited:
gravid.jpg

Thought i might put a pic up of my girl twiggy,

Thats right twiggy i bought a pair off SXR for a quality breeding.

Can you point me to an ad or a seller right now?

Your posts suggests that you think I'm wrong or talking 'BS', which one is it? Because it seems several others have to some degree agreed with me so maybe we're all talking 'BS'? I paid $350 for mine and I personally know 3 guys and I've seen several adds from guys I dont know for hatchies at less than $450 last season. I stand by my opinion about the prices!

Just because someone charges a premium for an animal definitely doesn't mean you're getting the best quality. Just as a cheap animal doesn't mean bad quality. Price does NOT always equal quality!

Your posts suggests that you think I'm wrong or talking 'BS', which one is it? Price does NOT always equal quality!

Neither, I just don't care.
In the real world (not a hobby world) price is a good indicator of quality. That's my opinion after living in this world for some time. :D

Considering how little variability there is in RSPs I cant see how price could reflect quality in hatchies. Even if the parents are fed spring water it shouldnt change hatchy "quality" in any way.

Considering how little variability there is in RSPs I cant see how price could reflect quality in hatchies. Even if the parents are fed spring water it shouldnt change hatchy "quality" in any way.
Most buyers can see what an animal looks like so appearance is not overly important.What you often cant see in a rushed purchasing environment is health staus,ease of feeding and support regarding care. If price is the most important purchasing determinant then there are sure to be some great animals at the expos!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back