Noob question alert

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

user 16324

Reaction score
Just curious as to whether or not i need to be a subscriber to post an add in the 'Free' section? I have a reptile i may need to give away. As it is my only reptile i dont have a licence (im in SA) and there is no need in me getting a licence just so i can sell him for profit. Not 100% selling yet but due to work i may have to.

Hey mate, I think you are going to have a lot of trouble selling an unlicensed animal. It is illegal for a licensed keeper to buy an unlicensed animal. If I was you, I would delete this thread and hope that no authorities saw it

If he's in SA and they are allowed to keep one animal off license, wouldn't that make it perfectly legal?

As far as I'm aware you don't need to subscribe to give something away. You obviously would need to give it away to someone in SA though.

But a person in sa can't sell to a licensed keeper? Sorry, I probably should have checked your state 1st, just a sore spot for me as I was unable to get a couple of ewds I wanted because after a week I found out they were unlicensed

The easiest way to get the right answer is to call parks and wildlife, their details are in the wiki section here, i don't think you'll have any issue legally here in sa. If you want to advertise it here for sale you'll need to subscribe

If you want to advertise it here for sale you'll need to subscribe

The OP asked about placing an ad in the freebies section to give away a reptile without subscription, which, as I've already said, you can do.

thanks for the answers guys. i will subscribe and go from there. in SA you can keep one reptile on the basic animals list without a licence. just for those who didnt know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back