Snapz the freshie

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JAS101

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
The newset member of the " clan" seems to be settling well , i have caught it a few times at night basking on land . im yet to see it eat , but the fish are are going missing so thats a good sign .
a big thanks to Rob[Dee4] it was a pleasure to meet you and your family.
snapz.jpgsnapz2.jpg

That's awesome mate, congrats.

If only we were allowed to keep them in NSW...

are you keeping him when he gets older? We have two freshies about a year old now.. the plans to build the pen are there but we have quite a big block of land to house them.

they are so cool to watch although ours had a taste for tadpoles when they were younger and I had to fight to keep my frogs :D

are you keeping him when he gets older? We have two freshies about a year old now.. the plans to build the pen are there but we have quite a big block of land to house them.

they are so cool to watch although ours had a taste for tadpoles when they were younger and I had to fight to keep my frogs :D
cool, yeah his mine for life . ill build him a hbig shed/pond area in the backyard . i figure if i start to build it xmas time by the time its needed it will be finshed lol

Nice Jas. Had my eye on it as well.
yeah he said he had a few pepole interested , i was just the quickest one in .

Looking good Jas, settling in well by the sounds of it.
yeah seems to be , i saw it hunt and then eat last night . my camrea went flat so i didnt get a pic of it .
but i got these pics before the battery went flat .

Attachments

• basking.jpg
    basking.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 209
  • sleeping.jpg
    sleeping.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 218
Stunning animal Jas, keeping a Croc is a huge comitment.
Hope your up to the task, a well looked after Freshie will out live most people, lol.

update time , snapz has settled in now and is often out during the day basking . he duznt flee or head straight for the water when i go into the room [ he normaly looks then go`s back to sleep lol]

Attachments

• DSCF0293.JPG
    DSCF0293.JPG
    83.5 KB · Views: 126
  • such a hard life.jpg
    such a hard life.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 134
Looks awesome, crocs are awesome. What fish do you feed them?
atm just cheap goldfish , they go into a holding tank[ i use rainwater from one of my 6000lt tanks for both the gold fish holding tank and the crocs tank] for a coupe of weeks - to get rid of any chemicals . then i put 3 fish in the crocs tank at a time .

Cool pics , can you hold freshys on a rec license in qld or do you need a demonstrators permit ?

bit of an update :
Snapz the croc is settling into his new tank , and the bhp is settling into his new enclosure under the tank [ saves wasting the room with junk]
the fake bushes makes a nice cave for snapz , they are on a painted board above the water level . even my old license plate off the rotary came in handy as a heat sheild .

Attachments

• tank done.jpg
    tank done.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 126
He is gorgeous, I know a lot would apply that to birds or fluffy animals but I truly find reptiles gorgeous :) You're so lucky to have him and I am really happy for you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back