have abit of a problem with my new python

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

getzlow

Reaction score
hi all just got a pair of were so called diamond pythons this is what the breeder told me but only to be told they are carpet pythons was just seeing if anyone can tell me whos right.
thats the best pic i have at the moment any help would be great.

Attachments

• 297562_10150844685370597_805970596_20896267_641813474_n.jpg
    297562_10150844685370597_805970596_20896267_641813474_n.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 277
now only being new to the hobby im certainly no expert but ive been lookin at coastals and that sure does look like a hatchling coastal but like i said im no expert

Yea mat i have a high yellow diamond along with an intergrade and 2 albino carpets and im going to co with coastal who was the breeder??

A Diamond is a Carpet...

From that photo it looks like a diamond hatchie to me.

The markings are quite small, too small to be the markings of a typical Coastal. It should progress to look more like a diamond when it starts to grow.

If you are going to put up an ID thread, It helps to have a half decent pic to ID from

it was the best i have at the moment...but other then that i was told could be a coastall not a diamond i should have been more specific sorry for that...

heres the only other pic i have at the moment dont want to bother them to much untill they settle not sure if its much better

View attachment 221273

It's most likely a diamond, diamonds are typically dark and ugly ducklings when hatchies. Over time and with each shed they get lighter and grow into their eventual colours.

Diamonds look like coastals when small , give it a year and it will most likely look like a "diamond". Just ask the people who tell you its a coastal to show you a pic of a baby diamond.

Looks like a baby Diamond to me , and I keep both Diamonds and coastals.

Last edited:
would love to thank everyone for all there help...it has helped no end..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back