WARNING For People Lending Snakes As Breeding Loans

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious, I wasn't sure if goat was a new insult these days or if this fella had a personal grudge. Why would I be concerned about sheep? You seem to have a vague fixation there andy mate, I'd get that looked into ;)

Thanks for the clarification re: Heaven/Hell, it makes a little more sense now.

I'm glad somebody's paying attention to what's going on with the snakes, now my best wishes in patching things up with the family; hurt can make people do awful things, I hope everything turns out for the best for you guys.

Last edited:
no naming on the forums... against the rules.. private message the OP if you want to know.

I hope everything works out for you in the end. You shouldn't have to worry too much about the fact that there are wild caught animals in the collection. Sure, there might be internal parasites involved, but they are reasonably easy to eradicate these days. There are far more nasties circulating in private collections than you'll find in wild snake.

I'm not even sure that I want the snakes back now, as I just found out he has wild caught carpets that are not on the books. I would not take the risk in even quarantining
them.
QUOTE]

There are far more nasties circulating in private collections than you'll find in wild snake.

QUOTE]
What makes you say that? Whilst i agree that exposure to wild snakes is not likely to cause health problems I am not aware of any evidence that captive snakes have worse health problems than wild snakes.

But You Showed The Correct Paper Work & Everything I Dont See Why The Police Or The Wild Life Parks Cant Do Anything About It.. The Best Thing To Do Is Talk It Out With The Person Who Is Keeping Your Snakes.. I Wish You All The Best & Hopefully You Get Your Snake Back.

Hey guys, just a quick update...

The owner of the reptiles, including ours that are being held looks like he/she is going to have their licence revoked as a number of breaches were found by NSW Parks after they finally visited the property yesterday, but only after they got a revving by Qld Police... amazing hey?

NSW Parks have now made an order for every animal (including ours) at the property to be ceased and handed over into our care by 5pm tomorrow. Although, there is a certain female that won't co-operate with the law, as she use to work in the legal system and knows how to play it.

What astounds me the most while all of this is going on, is the fact that not only is this person and the apparent wildlife authorities that are suppose to have the animals best interest in mind, are both completly ignoring the fact that these animals have not had the basic care they need for over a month now???

We didn't expect for the lot to be placed into our care, but NSW Parks asked if we would take them and give them the care they require instead of them being ceased by Parks. We couldn't bare to think of what might happen to them if we didn't take on the responsibility of caring for them. But luckily we have a spare room and this is getting turned into a quarantine room well away from our other collection for the next 12 months or more.

So things are looking interesting till 5pm tomorrow. Will let you know how we go...

I'm still astonished as to how long and how much effort it has taken to get the authorities to act... unbelievable!

Hopefully they are all ok when you get them tomorrow. Its a sad situation but hopefully it can have a somewhat happy ending. So sorry to hear that you guys have had to go through this.

Please promise me you will make sure you keep documenting all phonecalls and who you have spoken to....just in case it all goes wrong.

I am so glad you are getting your animals back.....and the ones that are going to you as a bonus are really very lucky snakes indeed !!

Take care and know we are all thinking of you.....not just because you lost your snakes but because of this argument involving family.

It is all just so unpleasant.

Fingers crossed and double crossed that the quarentine ebcomes just a precaution and all snakes are just a little worse for wear and none are really sick !!

Elizabeth

Well I'm glad you will get what is rightfully your's back, It's a-bit scary as to how long it's taken & considering you're not completely out of the woods yet.

hopw it all works out well mate.. its almost there and looks like it could be a good outcome.

whats bothering me the most is the lack of concern for the animals wellfare by "this woman" and if it was me in your situation Id be concerned for her kids as well so would be putting in some complaints to DOCS child welfare to investigate their care and situation.. Its time to turn the heat up on this person and Im sure you could get some statements or at least use as a reference for her behaviour the QLD police officers involved in this drama..

Last edited:
Colin that is an excellent idea
Even if DHS doesnt act this time they have a data base and all complaints get logged...so if something was to happen in the future...all this could come back to haunt her........

thanks elizabeth.. the way I see it snakes can go without food for considerable time so feeding or not isnt that big an issue, however if shes turned the power to the cages off and they dont have heat it could be a problem and most of all lack of water could kill them or severely dehydrate them.. If shes not used to snakes a simple water squeeze bottle ( soft drink bottle) with a tube attached could be pushed through a small opening of the slidng doors or tub lids and fill some water bowls.. and she could easily do that without fear of getting bitten.. but it seems she just doesnt care..

so if she has such a disrespect for the lives of animals.. I wonder if her kids are being fed properly washed looked after etc etc.. breakups are very emotionally disturbing events and we've all experienced this.. but it seems shes focused on herself and her own feelings and needs without caring about the lives of the animals now under her temporary care.. so what about the kids? maybe there being looked after well but who knows? Its something that needs to be looked into in my opinion under these circumstances and her bitter attitudes towards others and animals etc..

you deal with peoples relationships etc in your work so whats your opinion of all this elizabeth?

Well it is hard to know.

However the fact she would be so cruel and put the animals welfare second to her desire to be vindictive tells me she is not a very mature or pleasant person. It certainly isnt a very responsible thing to be doing and doesnt give a very good message to her children from a moral point of view.

It is realy hard to know. If there was deliberate cruelty like the thread not so long ago where there was questions over whether snakes had been deliberately harmed....then I would say...yes I would be very concerned for the welfare of the children as there are definite links between deliberate cruelty to animals (think throwing a snake in the fire...cigarette burn on the head...stomping on the animal)...and progression to the next stage which is cruelty/harming people. However neglect is different...if she is just not giving them water and heat...it is still cruelty but not quite the same.

I guess if neglect is the case it is more the fact that she could consider doing this to poor captive animals and if she could consider that whether she is the sort of person who doesnt think about the needs of her children. Or has a 'different' level of standards regarding the care of anything dependant on her....compared to the standards the rest of us would have.

Sometimes when people are under stress they dont act as they normally would...and sometimes do things they are later ashamed or/regret due to anger. Lets hope this is the explanation and neglecting the snakes and not giving them back is about her anger...and not about a way of being in the world.

I just think the whole thing is very sad. Hearing that there are wild caught snakes there and they are all neglected is just awful quite apart from the refusal to give the snakes back. In addition to this the family feuding is so damaging to children. When children witness arguments is it very psychologicaly damaging and can cause children anxiety, depression and delay their development. In addition to this what sort of life template for problem solving and moral compass does this teach the children ?

I am sure if the Police attended and saw anything not right with the children that they would report it. I know in Vic Police come under mandatory reporting legislation and must report if the children are neglected.

If I was the person who wrote this thread and I had any concerns about the children..and only the person who is there in the situation can make that decision...I would be making a phonecall to DHS and having a conversation with them.

Elizabeth

PS Something I remember reading in the thread...correct me if I am wrong....but that the son is too scared to go back into the house to confront the woman......I do hope this isnt Family Violence...if it is and there are children involved this is definitely a matter for DHS. Children must not witness family violence and must not be put in danger by even being int he vicinity of family violence.

Last edited:
Agree with the snake side of things Colin, but what worries me the most is the three Bearded Dragons, two spiny tailed geckos and two blue tongues, this spitefullness she is displaying could jeopardise the lives of these lizards, as they are no wear near as hardy as snakes and rely heavily on water at least.

Not to mention the fact that she is playing games with the law, actually making a complete mockery of it! She could also quite easily release these animals into the wild and cry innocence, plea no knowledge of any such animals. There is also the possibility she could state that the animals died, which sadly could end up being the case through either release or neglect!

Last edited by a moderator:
oh i would make it known to the cops she has said she will play the system and every other threat she has made

i do hope your having the cops or someone in authority meeting you there tomorrow to collect the snakes? dont be surprised if they are gone with claims of them having died or escaped or some other BS

as much as im not keen on snakes i do hope you get your babies back and get the others as well

good luck

What makes you say that? Whilst i agree that exposure to wild snakes is not likely to cause health problems I am not aware of any evidence that captive snakes have worse health problems than wild snakes.

I was primarily thinking of the deadly pathogens (wrongly or rightly diagnosed as OPMV, who knows?) that have caused many deaths in collections over the last couple of years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back