Shedding diamond?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

matty_e888

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey all. I have a yearling diamond who has been growing ever since i got him. Very recently he has been sloughing very frequently. As soon as one skin comes off, the next day his skin is dry again, eyes go cloudy and he does not get out of his waterbowl. (He is up to shed number 4 now). This hasnt exactly worried me because i can manage to get a feed in between each shed but i have just noticed today that he has spent the whole day laying on the bottom of the tank in the cool end. This is very unusual for him because he always hides during the day and he even has a hide rock in the cool end which he is not using. i got hot end set at 29C and cool end set at 24C.
Should i be worried?

out of curiosity have u checked for mites? They are known to slough regularly when infected by mites

Where do i look / what do they look like? A brief search suggests i should look in his waterbowl? What exactly as i looking for?

spots in the water bowl or scales lifting with spots underneath. Also the mites faeces may show up on the python as a white substance

****** there were tiny white spots on the side walls of his water bowl, and some of his scales are lifting but cant see anything under them.
What do i do from here?
What would happen If i treat him/his tank for mites even if mites wasnt the problem?

And this may sound stupid but he is in my room, should i treat the rest of my room? (IE bed clothes etc?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back