My pit

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zerocool

Reaction score
Ive been working on my post area for some time now, Ive got a yakka in the middle of the pit, some plants and some old sleepers hanging out of the ground for decorative purpose's but the water dragons love then i currently have 3 blue tongues in there as well but they will be moves to the second pit soon. I built a colorbond fence to secure the animals in there is a trench of concrete under the fence which is about 300 mm deep so if the water dragons wanna dig they can :) Ive got there hides in there aswell now.

Here are some pics let me know what you guys think :)

Attachments

• IMG_0649.jpg
    IMG_0649.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG_0651.jpg
    IMG_0651.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_0660.jpg
    IMG_0660.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 168
Nice pit! i reckon your dragons gona love it!

you might want to put some sort of cover on that white box thing, i cant see how high the fence is but i know water dragons are pretty good clumbers and may be able to get up on top of it somehow? just a thaught. just put a tiger snake in with them that should fix the cat problem?

Im planning on having it half covered with netting, for the cats we dont really get any ive kept stuff in that spot for a while with ought any problems so far. :) ive just gotta get some red sand if anyone knows where you can get it lol, doubt you can i will most probly be using sydney sand to fill the cracks between the rocks and cover the ground. :)

go to produce shop and get clay balls for hydroponics.... looks like rough red sand easy to wash... had no probs with it in mine.... i'll see if i can find a photo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back