Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I use the water method for my bhps it work fine for me i have used it for 8 clutches now with 100% hatch rate

I use the water method for my bhps it work fine for me i have used it for 8 clutches now with 100% hatch rate

Normally I use 20ml of water in the bottom for most of my carpets, do you use the same amount or less for your bhp's?

My albino girl finally laid yesterday, but for some strange reason she gave up her lay tub that she has spent 90% of her time in since her pre-lay, to lay the eggs up the other end of the enclosure right next to the water bowl? She didn't even coil the eggs, instead wrapping herself around her dome shaped hide box?...lol. She laid 12 hopefully good eggs as I'm not sure how long they were exposed for during the day before I got home (they do have veins running through them except for the one at the top?). She also laid 2 slugs:

this girls is ready for her pre lay at the moment. as I have my hands full this season with my own lil bundle of joy I have sent her to a mate and my pair are doing great. I totally trust this person and we have a fare deal at the end of this breeding loan.
View attachment 221625

Pre lay shed on the 4th
bettys pre lay shed.jpg

this was a couple of days ago
betty on her back2.jpg

She has been in making her laying box comfy for the last few days :)

this girls is ready for her pre lay at the moment. as I have my hands full this season with my own lil bundle of joy I have sent her to a mate and my pair are doing great. I totally trust this person and we have a fare deal at the end of this breeding loan.
View attachment 221625

Hope u have better luck this year as I think u have been the most unlucky person with python breeding.
Good luck!
Dan

Ajira getting ready to lay soon...

DSC04127.jpg

DSC04131.jpg

DSC04125.jpg

O-O Stunning snake Colin,...Where's the jaw dropper button...

Normally I use 20ml of water in the bottom for most of my carpets, do you use the same amount or less for your bhp's?

My albino girl finally laid yesterday, but for some strange reason she gave up her lay tub that she has spent 90% of her time in since her pre-lay, to lay the eggs up the other end of the enclosure right next to the water bowl? She didn't even coil the eggs, instead wrapping herself around her dome shaped hide box?...lol. She laid 12 hopefully good eggs as I'm not sure how long they were exposed for during the day before I got home (they do have veins running through them except for the one at the top?). She also laid 2 slugs:

Glad to hear you have good news Wayne ;)

Last edited:
Wow Colin - Ajira certainly deserves the jaw-dropper button. I hope you get a nice big clutch of bright-coloured hatchies from her.

Today was day 29 from pre-lay for my palmerston girl. We got a decent afternoon storm in Brisbane and she laid 14 eggs. They all looked ok to me with veins visible when candled. Very happy as its her first clutch and my first attempt at breeding.

Felt a bit cruel pinching them from her after all her hard work.

Murphy's law............both camera's had flat batteries, so phone was all I had to capture the moment.

Cheers,
Paul
View attachment 222003View attachment 222004

Congrats Paul - a very nice first clutch.

Thanks Pythonmum....mums done her part now up to me not to mess it all up.

Got a bit over excited....12 eggs not 14. Clump weighed 514g so av. weight of just under 43g per egg.

Can't see the attachments, Nik! Glad your girl laid, though... I take it you are letting her do what comes naturally. Any guesses on how many eggs?

I'll try again on the pics.

Yeah, we're leaving the eggs with her so all we have is guesses as for how many eggs :) She's given us a few glimpses through her coils and the ones we can see all look perfect. I'm a bit nervous as to the possibility of a bad egg in there but so far we are leaving her to do her thing.

DSC01229.jpg DSC01215.jpg Both these were taken three days before she laid.

That's better and she's a very lovely girl! I can see why she had you guessing for days with that posture. Mine was fidgeting and kicking the moss out of her nest box for the final few days. I even put a few loose sheets of newspaper around the enclosure just in case she decided to lay under that, as she seemed so dissatisfied with the box. In the end she went for the box and even laid in the daytime.

Wow that's a awesome looking albino nik. You shouldget some great hatchies from her. Best of luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back