Any frog breeders??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riggzy

Reaction score
Im wanting to buy a frog. I have the licence, now just need setup. What will I need for the setup please. I want to get it set up right before I buy my frog
Thanks for any guidance

im actually thinking of getting a couple frogs aswell and was wondering how you keep the enclosure clean ? my mate a few yrs ago had mag tree frogs and the enclosure kept getting so mouldy.. he didnt have uv-lights or nething and had a misting fountain, but from the videos of pro setups on the net they looked crystal clear..

Im not sure yet maybe spotted marsh , really just looking for a pretty frog. Im not familiar with all the varieties. Open to suggestions

Do you like the colour green ?

If yes then green tree frogs are good beginner frogs. Just check your licence for the list of frogs you are allow to keep and do a google image search.

Im not sure yet maybe spotted marsh , really just looking for a pretty frog. Im not familiar with all the varieties. Open to suggestions
I wouldn't call marsh frogs "pretty".
"pretty hardy" would be more appropriate.
Depending where you are, you should not need a licence for them

Im wanting to buy a frog. I have the licence, now just need setup. What will I need for the setup please. I want to get it set up right before I buy my frog
Thanks for any guidance

Whats your location?

Different frogs will have different requirements. Some can be handled, others will be just a frog to watch. I think you need to tell us more about what you want from a frog?

I keep Red Eyed Tree Frogs which arent really a frog that can be handled much but I find them a very rewarding frog to keep.

Green tree frogs are a great starter frog, aslong as you have the rite heating an lighting there pretty easy frogs to care for and there also fun to watch. I started with 2 of these guys i now have 9 GTFs 6 red eyes and 12 southern brown tree frogs and the list is still slowly getting bigger lol. Good luck with what ever frog you decide on getting

11/10/11 Can anyone tell me where I can buy a magnificent tree frog babies / or green tree frog babies ANY 4 SALE (NSW) all adds posted i found are old

also looking for eastern baby bearded dragons anyone outthere :))))))))))

this might help with the tank setup, it's my tank which currently homes 4 greens & 3 greens,
(mags need to be kept at a minimal of 28 degrees during the day as they come from the kimborleys WA )

Exo Terra Monsoon Mister Competition Large - YouTube

click on link above

that is an awesome tank mate. i have a couple questions for you though, do you think it would work if i just had the water without the waterfall or filtration system? also what are you using to heat the enclosure?

thanks.

that is an awesome tank mate. i have a couple questions for you though, do you think it would work if i just had the water without the waterfall or filtration system? also what are you using to heat the enclosure?

thanks.

thanks, it would work but would not be as hygenic as their would be no filtration..... , heating wise i have: an exo terra heat wave, exo terra small heat mat, water heater, fogger ( adds humidity which they love ), 3 exo terra 5.0 rainforest glow bubs which let off a little heat, and to make them feel at home in the tropics a exo terra monsoon mister which sprays them once every day (thanks to Amazing Amazon ), hope that covers everything.........cheers
Jake ;)

Do you need a license for a southern brown tree frog??

I'm in Victoria sth east, a mate has a few for sale and was wondering what requirements ya need to keep them, I have basic license as I have snakes and lizards but he doesn't and bought them from a pet shop and was wondering if that was right

Yeah mate Brown Tree Frogs are off-licence here in Vic.

Sweet thanks so much, he has almost 500 tadpoles at the moment, what would be the basic price on them if you would know

there's a breeder in dandenong that sells his small browns for $5, the larges for $10.

Sweet so bout 2.50 a tadpole isn't bad then lol cheers

Amazing amazon are charging 35 a frog lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back