Tip of the Day, Tuesday...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Devil

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Heal Pimples while you sleep...............

Now I can't attest to this working but it goes like this.

Dab a little bit of TOOTHPASTE on your pimple at night. Next morning wipe off the dried TOOTHPASTE and the redness will be gone.

If anyone tries this I'd be interested to know the results.

Never tried it, never had a issue with pimples. I would imagine you would just smear it all over your face/pillow while your asleep lol.

That tip came out of a very old book I found while cleaning out my parents home. It looks like it was printed shortly after WW2.

It wouldn't surprise me if toothpaste was loaded with hydorchloric acid or similar products back then.

Oh I love old books. I have "womans world" book from teh 50's describing how to be the perfect wife/lady!!! You should totally post that book to me ;)

Doesn't work. It was going off the basis that fluoride whitens teeth, so it must whiten skin... All it does is dry out the pimple so it can come back half way through the day.

Oh I love old books. I have "womans world" book from teh 50's describing how to be the perfect wife/lady!!! You should totally post that book to me ;)

Things from the 1950s were much better than our current way of PC life....

50s_battleship.jpg

I don't know about pimples, but I know toothpaste works for rogue hair dye. Just smear it on wherever the dye hit your skin while your hair's setting and rinse with the dye. Totally works; my sister got black hair dye on her scalp once and thought I was pulling the piss when I told her to smear toothpaste all over her head; I told her if I was really pulling the piss I'd pick peanut-butter or mayonnaise over toothpaste.
I love those old 'women's guides' and ads, they're always good for a laugh. They also make me vaguely suspect I may be a man...

can i borrow this book for my wife ????

bahaha sure if you can promise she won't burn it when you give it to her!!! I'm on placement atm but when I get home i'll posts some phrases out of it - IT. IS. SO. FUNNY!

Things from the 1950s were much better than our current way of PC life....

50s_battleship.jpg

That looks similar to something my sister showed in 1 of her old Home Ec text books.
The book suggested that a good wife, should have the children bathed and dressed for bed, should shower, touch up make-up and hair and have hubbies slippers and newspaper ready for when he arrives home after a hard days work.

I have re-read what I've typed several times and STILL can't see anything wrong with what the book suggested.

That looks similar to something my sister showed in 1 of her old Home Ec text books.
The book suggested that a good wife, should have the children bathed and dressed for bed, should shower, touch up make-up and hair and have hubbies slippers and newspaper ready for when he arrives home after a hard days work.

I have re-read what I've typed several times and STILL can't see anything wrong with what the book suggested.

I can... and it's clear to see... What sort of MAN are you?

You're clearly not a loving husband or boyfriend that's for sure...

I mean, what about lighting his tobacco pipe and not bothering him with her tedious day...

You'll never be a man unless you accept these things too... (tip for Wednesday???)

I tried toothpaste when I was battling horrible pimples and desperate to find something - anything - that would work. It doesn't.

For those who are still battling pimples, the only thing that's worked for me is benzoyl peroxide, which I highly recommend you try before resorting to antibiotics. Benzac AC wash in combination with the Benzac cream, both at a concentration of 5%, is brilliant.

I tried toothpaste when I was battling horrible pimples and desperate to find something - anything - that would work. It doesn't.

For those who are still battling pimples, the only thing that's worked for me is benzoyl peroxide, which I highly recommend you try before resorting to antibiotics. Benzac AC wash in combination with the Benzac cream, both at a concentration of 5%, is brilliant.

I second this as I used it for pimples while in my younger teen years. I used the 10% concentration however and found it more effective - you may need to ask for it at the chemist because it was held behind the counter for some reason.

The toothpaste thing - tried that one as well.... waste of time and you look like an idiot with it on your face.

Um, wouldn't he have read the paper at work already?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back