SLOW eater

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

leviathan

Reaction score
my yearling coastal has gota be the slowest eater ever! after she strikes at her food she stays coiled around it for atleast half an hour or more then by the time the whole ordeal is over nearly 2 hours has sometimes passed! on the other hand my stimsons python has eaten her rat in about 15 minutes, anyone else have snakes that eat like sparrows?

my yearling coastal has gota be the slowest eater ever! after she strikes at her food she stays coiled around it for atleast half an hour or more then by the time the whole ordeal is over nearly 2 hours has sometimes passed! on the other hand my stimsons python has eaten her rat in about 15 minutes, anyone else have snakes that eat like sparrows?

Yeah mate i have a darwin that will strike at his food about 20 times with his mouth shut, then finaly picks it up and does the same, holds it for ages. then takes another hour to work out which end to eat first, just wonder whether he is a "blond" or missing a few brain cells, but sayin that, he has never struck....
also have an adult brown tree that is a very slow eater, but that can be common with them.

haha! my girl gypsy has never ever refused a meal, she strikes straight away, only once, and then just holds it for ages and yer she mucks around with it figuring out which end to start with for agess!! much more fun to watch my stimmy gulp down her rat sometimes she doesnt even strike she just starts eating, god i love em tho

My Jungle is the same, before I even open the enclosure door he knows what's coming... I have to hold the rat (via tweezers) up high straight away and close enough so when he hits it, he hits it on the head. When that happens, it's gone in less than 5 minutes. If he doesn't hit it head firts and gets the body and coils in the wrong spot, he takes FOREVER to eat it.

Have just upgraded him to a 2nd large fuzzy at meal time and he took it really well, struck like he hadn't even been fed the good boy :)

yeah my SWCP girl will strike damn quick coil for a few min but take 20+min to pick an end to start eating from sometimes i use a blade and cut the head of the rodent so its got blood and a stronger sent, that tends to get her to pick an end faster

my bredli tends to coil its mid section around the mouse and just hang around his enclosure. about an hour later he will actually re-bite the rodent and start eating it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back