Oh Deer

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kawasakirider

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;S2oymHHyV1M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2oymHHyV1M[/video]

Hahaha

great footage!
I wish i filmed the deer rescue i did a couple of weeks ago. It was a full grown fallow buck with his rack caught in some nylon bird netting which had tangled up around his head but he was on a 8ft run and was going off. I grabbed the netting and pulled it in and grabbed the antlers and my mate picked him up and we tackled it to the ground. I had my knee on its neck with one foot pinning one antler down to the ground and had all the net cut off one side, when our other mate who is scared of all animals got the courage up to come and pat it, which spooked it and it jumped up and got away from us except I was hanging onto the rack and trying to drag its head down into the ground while it was trying to give me a taste of of its points. he antlered me in the head and took off my sunnies which were pushed up on my head and i now have this photographic memory shot of his little hooves trampling my sunnies. Anyway we tackled him again and got him out and let him go. Yeah I know I should have knifed him etc,etc but all I had was a pair of light duty scissors and a property owner who wasn't very "bushwise", so discretion got the better of me.
It was a lesson in realising how a small movement at the head, becomes a large movement at the tip of the antler!

A mate of mine has been taken out by roos three times on a dirt bike in a similar fashion. I think they like him. Never had the same problem myself. :)

A mate of mine has been taken out by roos three times on a dirt bike in a similar fashion. I think they like him. Never had the same problem myself. :)

Ive had a few close calls with roo's on my dirtbike.
I did get hit by a roo when i was doing downhill mountain bike racing, broke my collerbone,wrist and busted a couple of ribs.

This blokes vid was funny though :D

Ive had a few close calls with roo's on my dirtbike.
I did get hit by a roo when i was doing downhill mountain bike racing, broke my collerbone,wrist and busted a couple of ribs.

This blokes vid was funny though :D

We've given up riding some bush tracks late in the arvo, buggers are on the hop looking for somewhere to settle down for the night. Had a couple of close calls myself, just been lucky I guess.

And yeah, laughed at the vid as much as I laughed at my mate.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back