Wild caught blue tongue lizard

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cid_python

Reaction score
hi everyone
my friends sister which is about 22 years old found a bluey under her car (she wasnt about to run over it she just found it there) and she caught it and kept it and my friend knows i keep reptiles so they gave it to me while she gets a reptile licence (dont you need paper work from the person your brought it from? so whats the point, i think thats true) also she wants me to buy it of her for $50!!!!! if she decides not to get the licence. What should i do? I want to let it go but shes kinda scary lol, and its the right thing to do so whats your opinion.

you cannot keep wild caught reptiles without the correct licence to capture them, the right thing to do is to release it near where it was found

Totally illegal! It must be returned to bushland within 1 km ( Or as close a possible ) to where it was found. You must buy reptiles off licensed breeders with proof of ownership and movement advices.

By keeping it in your house you risk getting caught and the EPA will take you licence off you and also all you animals plus could even give you a hefty fine in the thousands.

Apart from the legal side of things. It's just cruel to take a wild grown animal and put it in cage. They stress out big time and end up sick. Also you jepoardise introducing disease into your private collection.

in vic they are on schedule 5

A Licence is not required to keep wildlife listed in

Schedule 5 of the Wildlife Regulations 2002.

A licence is not required to keep, possess, breed,

buy, sell or dispose of wildlife taxa listed in

Schedule 5 (Part A or Part B) of the of the Wildlife

Regulations 2002 for private purposes, as long as

the wildlife have come from a legal source.

If it is illegal in your state then dob her in. We dont need clowns that give us a bad name for crappy illegal reptile keepers. If it is legal then so be it. Just educate her on husbandry etc.

No need to dob her in, just educate her that its immoral and illegal and then release it for her in a suitable habitat.

In NSW im pretty sure you do need a licence for a bluey, ill tell her thats its illegal and ill let it go where she found it.

Find a local park near her house and let it know near some fallen timber. Yes you definately need a licence in NSW.

Apart from the legal side of things. It's just cruel to take a wild grown animal and put it in cage. They stress out big time and end up sick. Also you jepoardise introducing disease into your private collection.

Thats a broad statement and not neccessarily correct

i agree with elapidae1, how do you think reptiles came into captivity? let the bluey go away from traffic. read up before even getting a licence so you know what your in for.

i have a licence, i already have a bredli 2 bearded dragons and 1 murry river short necked turtle it was my friends sister who found the bluey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back