Spotted Pain...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
im sorry its just that this is what the vet recommended as she is losing condition and is very undersized. the vet hopes that if she will feed on live pinkies then slowly we can wean her back on to rodents by scenting etc.

sorry correction *live skinks

Last edited:
If she's severely underweight, then you can start thinking of more serious options to take. Don't start freaking out just yet. However, if she's "small" (length) then don't worry. You'll find a lot of keepers will power feed their animals to get them as big as possible, either for their own needs or they just don't know any better. Spotteds are hardy little animals that can take a beating. As mentioned previously, Python and Ewan have given good advice.

the vet already took those other actions with injections etc. this is what i was told to do by someone who has seen my snake. she has previously been force fed by vet and theyve sent her home and told me to feed on live skinks for the moment. i just need to know if theres any danger to her if i leave it in there as otherwise i will take it out.

Sarah your main danger feeding skinks will be disease transmission. Skinks could potentially pass on reptile specific diseases and/or parasites. This is the main reason I advise against it. It is also known that snakes that are fed skinks can be extremely tricky to get back on to rodents. As I have already expressed I don't think scenting will help you in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back