Suppliers "BEWARE"

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

solar 17

There are credit card scammers (several) operating on this site and they are on this site as a couple of my adds are only on APS. believe it or not large rat/mice orders to South Africa and Finland.
Here's how they get you, first of all the credit card is stolen and in many cases the transaction will go through but in most cases the transaction will be reversed at the end of the month when the owner realizes its stolen, but the sting is in the freighting, they will pay you the freight with mostly a second credit card, next day you see the money in your account then you will get a phone call from the scammers saying they have paid you by mistake and seeing you now have the money could you pay the freight {bogus account}thats where they get your money because within the next few days to a month in 99% of cases the bank will reverse those payments on you when the rightfull owner of the card realizes its been stolen but you are out of pocket {to them}the freight charges.
.........solar 17 (Baden) and no they didn't get me.....

baden.. if these people are members private message me their user names so I can ban them.
I HATE theives and dirtbags like this.. why dont these scum get a job like everyone else..

Fortunately my only international buyers have been from Russia :shock:
Seriously, this is a variation of either an advance fee fraud or a cheque overpayment fraud, if you do any transactions over the internet you should research and be aware of the prevailing scams.
Here is some sites all should read
Internet fraud and scams - Australian Federal Police
Cheque overpayment scams
Advance-fee fraud
Remember kiddies, if it is too good to be true, then it properly isn't.

baden.. if these people are members private message me their user names so I can ban them.I HATE theives and dirtbags like this.. why dont these scum get a job like everyone else..
True true scum !!!!!

This scam is operating also on E-bay and has been for a longtime.
Never send money back

This scam is operating also on E-bay and has been for a longtime.
Never send money back

I got scammed just the other day on eBay... Paypals meant to protect us from scamming but in this case they helped me get scammed...

So what happened was i sold an xbox360 controller on eBay everything was great they paid i posted then two weeks later i get a message saying they never got it.. they put in a claim on PayPal and PayPal gave them there money back.. Even tho i had a receipt from the Post office.. and i had messages where the admitted having the controller but wanted the money and controller... and all this was over $45... pathetic.. all PayPal said to me was too bad..

I had to explain to my 'super intelligent boss' if she uses Fleabay have two bank acc's.She got hit for a couple of hundred.It was funny for me anyway,but you would have to know her.

You will be amazed at how common credit card fraud is. Unfortunately no one is safe. At work I see it all the time, at least 5-10 calls per day from customers with fraudulent transactions on their cards. You can never be too careful and I would advise anyone to always check their monthly statements.

I used to work for one of the big 4 and saw it happen a bit as i was in the credit cards team It also happened to me personally with a software scam but also when my father was on the operating table having a by-pass got a call from the back asking if a transaction was legit.

One tip guys sometimes they will transact a small amount to test the water then they will try larger amounts or the whole lot of the card available limit. Remember most finanical insititutions have a 24hr line for emergency stops on cards.

Some advice i would give is use a prepaid or reloadable visa or mastercard as its only as good for the value thats on the card if you want info or an example is Woolies has both of these products available

When i shop i would purchase from well known or reputable companies to minimise risk.

By the way there is a microsoft phone scam going around unless your expecting a call from microsoft that you have initiated with them don't give any info out as i was house sitting my parents place a few weeks ago when they tried but i was too smart for them

Last edited by a moderator:
my mate got done with the microsoft one.. got a call from 'microsoft melbourne'.. 'your comp has been attacked, we will sell you a program to protect you' $240.. turns out you can get this 'program' for free off the net.. beware...

I got scammed just the other day on eBay... Paypals meant to protect us from scamming but in this case they helped me get scammed...

So what happened was i sold an xbox360 controller on eBay everything was great they paid i posted then two weeks later i get a message saying they never got it.. they put in a claim on PayPal and PayPal gave them there money back.. Even tho i had a receipt from the Post office.. and i had messages where the admitted having the controller but wanted the money and controller... and all this was over $45... pathetic.. all PayPal said to me was too bad..
this is why i send everything via registered post and person to person delivery. The postie or post office will only give the item to the person the item is addressed to after sighting id. also registered post has insurance to $100 included in the cost

I used to work for one of the big 4 and saw it happen a bit as i was in the credit cards team It also happened to me personally with a software scam but also when my father was on the operating table having a by-pass got a call from the back asking if a transaction was legit.

One tip guys sometimes they will transact a small amount to test the water then they will try larger amounts or the whole lot of the card available limit. Remember most finanical insititutions have a 24hr line for emergency stops on cards.

Some advice i would give is use a prepaid or reloadable visa or mastercard as its only as good for the value thats on the card if you want info or an example is Woolies has both of these products available

When i shop i would purchase from well known or reputable companies to minimise risk.

By the way there is a microsoft phone scam going around unless your expecting a call from microsoft that you have initiated with them don't give any info out as i was house sitting my parents place a few weeks ago when they tried but i was too smart for them

when microsoft scammers ring i tell them i have a mac, they soon hang up

this is why i send everything via registered post and person to person delivery. The postie or post office will only give the item to the person the item is addressed to after sighting id. also registered post has insurance to $100 included in the cost

and ebay still won't care, you can prove it 100% and they'll still do a charge back and tough titties for you, the only safe option is not to deal with ebay, or at minimum, only risk what you're willing to lose, it's even worse if you've done it through paypal (same company).
I wouldn't touch ebay or paypal for anything.

"when microsoft scammers ring i tell them i have a mac, they soon hang up " I have mac's mostly in my household too :)

ha i had a ebay seller try and rip me off, payed for the item and never received it tried contacting him, no answers then all his other items vanished off of ebay..... just did a little digging and got all the info i needed from the net (name, phone number, address) lets just say he promptly sent me the item after i emailed him all his personal details to his home email address....

One of my dad's older mates got hit out of pocket $1200 by a scam, Given he wasn't too computer savvy he entered details onto a webpage to which he thought was bigpond releasing his phone number & other personal info ( no bank details as yet) then a few days later his computer caught a massive virus & a so called Microsoft team rang his mobile & house phone, explained to him that "they have detected you have a very very very big virus on you're computer if you don't find the virus & remove it immediately you're computer is going to meltdown".

Obviously he had no idea on how to remove it/ find it to which the scammer explained we could remove it for you but it's going to cost $199.49 & somehow this one off payment kept coming up every couple of day's to when it reached $1200 & the bank informed him of what was going on. Poor bloke nearly had a heart attack & is in the process now of "trying" to recover the $$$.

Unfortunately the scams are getting more & more cunning & almost impossible to catch, but that's the world we live in these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back