WARNING For People Lending Snakes As Breeding Loans

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So many true comments on here, but too many to actually reply too. I am however leaving a 'Like' on each one that I agree with and has given both Leanne and I a good ol chuckle over :)

But this latest bit of news should make the bad taste you have in your mouth towards the govenment just a little more tasty...

Yesterday I called the government starting right at the top in our own department of Qld politics and slowly I was weaned down to the bottom were I was finally told I need to speak to the highest point of contact within the NSW Federal Member in regards to the issue we have had now for over 6 weeks. So I started all over again by calling the number I was given for the Federal Member, but again... I was sent on an out-of-control spiraling mad house were I was once again transferred from the so called higher-achy of animal welfare and complaints down to the Minister of Environment were I started my story all over again :rolleyes: But wait, there's more... they said they couldn't help me and transferred me to the Environment of Heritage...lol. The lady I spoke to from the Environment of Heritage was helpful by calling Ron Haering himself (The manager for NSW Parks & Wildlife) on my behalf. When the lady returned she said that Ron is aware of the situation, but it is now out of his hands and another department is now handling the situation and basically he won't speak to me...lol. So the kind lady put me through to this department, and guess who answered???... The Northern Rivers Ranger, who we originally made the complaint too some 2 to 3 weeks ago...lmao.

After the Ranger got a mouthful of my dissatisfaction, she went on to say that the two parties involved that have our animals and the other 17 animals that were meant to be seized and released to us last Sunday 9th Oct have been issued with another warrant to say that they now have till 5pm next Wednesday 19th Oct and this time if they are not released to us, the law enforcement + NSW Parks (will definitely - and this is from the Rangers own mouth) be entering the premises on the Thursday morning (20th Oct) to seize all animals and have them handed over to us on the Friday.

So now it's another waiting game till Wednesday, I wonder how long they will give them again after Wednesday?...lol.

I've had some pitiful service in the past, but this one takes the cake!

I also asked the Ranger if they are gettng let off so it allows the female living at the house to apply for another Licence in her name so she can claim the whole lot? The Ranger assured me that even if she did, it would not pass through the licencing department till this whole dibacle has been all cleared up, the Ranger also said she highly doubts that she would even be aloud to get a licence after this?... lol sorry, but I've lost all confidence in any govenment department, including any law enforcement that say they are here to protect, abide by the law and serve justice when justice is deserved (in this case, it's staring at them right in the face).

good to hear this and hopefully justice is served and when the time comes they either give you the animals or they are taken off them
i congratulate on your efforts
:D

Lets hope your law abiding selves pay off in the end.. Im not sure No i know i would not have the same patience as yourself. I once flew to sydney to visit a loser who ripped me off on a snake sale. Short version: Did the sale, got the permits, deposited the funds. Then no more contact and of course no animals. An old address for a start, telstra helped me out in the end after a few goes and i got his new address. I enjoyed meeting him.. He was rather unaccomodating when he knew who i was, but problem sorted.

I know what you mean its a long winded excercise trying to get something done. All fauna permit units regulate whats legal and whats not, plus if you miss one entry in your book of any sort you risk the $200 fine for each wrong entry or something similar and they thret to take your snakes. But if someone sells you a sick animal or does not freight it after you have paid. Nope ring someone else or nothing we can do.
So im surprised the Ranger is even taking it on, but as you said if they have the police as back up, I think from memory they have the right to do whatever they please. Good to hear and I hope it works out for you and the animals.

My question is how did the interview go, What do I have to buy, read or watch to see it? I wouldn't leave them with it until Wednesday though I would still be keeping the pressure on them so they no that it isn't going to go away.

Well I don't have to tell you how frustrating this is....however....at least SOMETHING has happened. I just hope that once we get to Wednesday there are still some animals to collect.

Something that might be worthwhile...have you tried the opposition...is there anyone from the opposition political parties you can contact by letter with the details of this debarcle. Oposition ministers do like to have any ammo against the government......

Just a thought.

My thoughts are with you......

It really feels like the legislation around what happens when the law around animal cruelty with australian protected animals is breeched is unclear (as opposed to the lawsaround domestic animal cruelty which seem to be very clear)...it is almost like nobody knows whose responsibility it is and this makes them too frightened to act....so that pass the buck....which is exactly what you have experienced. When really.........all animals kept in a domestic situation should be under the same umbrella..when you think about it....

Something that might be worthwhile...have you tried the opposition...is there anyone from the opposition political parties you can contact by letter with the details of this debarcle. Oposition ministers do like to have any ammo against the government......

Just a thought.

I so Second that idea

Just read this entire thread.
Unbelievable!
Public servants with no accountablity for their inaction.
What a sad state of affairs, it's times like these when you need to keep
a list of all the names of people who have fobbed you off, put together
a document to forward to the ombudsman. May not help your present situation
but could very well help people in the future.

Lack of action in this case is heartbreaking.
Good luck!

Been following this thread Wayne and Leanne, geez, sorry this crap is so hard for you guys. Perhaps if you told them she kicked a bunny you'd get a more timely reponse. Thanks for keeping us all posted mate, you know we are all behind you 100%.

So many true comments on here, but too many to actually reply too. I am however leaving a 'Like' on each one that I agree with and has given both Leanne and I a good ol chuckle over :)

But this latest bit of news should make the bad taste you have in your mouth towards the govenment just a little more tasty...

Yesterday I called the government starting right at the top in our own department of Qld politics and slowly I was weaned down to the bottom were I was finally told I need to speak to the highest point of contact within the NSW Federal Member in regards to the issue we have had now for over 6 weeks. So I started all over again by calling the number I was given for the Federal Member, but again... I was sent on an out-of-control spiraling mad house were I was once again transferred from the so called higher-achy of animal welfare and complaints down to the Minister of Environment were I started my story all over again :rolleyes: But wait, there's more... they said they couldn't help me and transferred me to the Environment of Heritage...lol. The lady I spoke to from the Environment of Heritage was helpful by calling Ron Haering himself (The manager for NSW Parks & Wildlife) on my behalf. When the lady returned she said that Ron is aware of the situation, but it is now out of his hands and another department is now handling the situation and basically he won't speak to me...lol. So the kind lady put me through to this department, and guess who answered???... The Northern Rivers Ranger, who we originally made the complaint too some 2 to 3 weeks ago...lmao.

After the Ranger got a mouthful of my dissatisfaction, she went on to say that the two parties involved that have our animals and the other 17 animals that were meant to be seized and released to us last Sunday 9th Oct have been issued with another warrant to say that they now have till 5pm next Wednesday 19th Oct and this time if they are not released to us, the law enforcement + NSW Parks (will definitely - and this is from the Rangers own mouth) be entering the premises on the Thursday morning (20th Oct) to seize all animals and have them handed over to us on the Friday.

So now it's another waiting game till Wednesday, I wonder how long they will give them again after Wednesday?...lol.

I've had some pitiful service in the past, but this one takes the cake!

I also asked the Ranger if they are gettng let off so it allows the female living at the house to apply for another Licence in her name so she can claim the whole lot? The Ranger assured me that even if she did, it would not pass through the licencing department till this whole dibacle has been all cleared up, the Ranger also said she highly doubts that she would even be aloud to get a licence after this?... lol sorry, but I've lost all confidence in any govenment department, including any law enforcement that say they are here to protect, abide by the law and serve justice when justice is deserved (in this case, it's staring at them right in the face).

you guys must be so tired disillusioned and frustrated.. hang on till this situation resolves mate.. yeah Ron is the bloke I originally put you on to and thats what he told me last week, that its now in the hands of the northern area people. Ron has always been very helpful to me and one of the good guys (imo) in the dept. same goes for Alan McLean. I know the DECC have had a bit of negative feedback on here but in my opinion these two guys are pretty good. It seems the northern rivers people are the ones with the ball now and have been for some time.

If you need to contact government ministers I know just the bloke who can probably help with this and will message you who to approach for help. Best of luck wayne and leanne, we're all behind you. :D

The time this has taken the authorities to clear up is really sick, wish you both some good fortune this week

while it once again sounds promising, i wont be happy till theyre safely back with you,....

i also hope if any of the animals have died in that period, or come back in a terrible condition, that you pursue animal cruelity charges against that woman even once theyre back home, drag it out and make her life as miserable as possible for as long as possible,...

so sorry to hear this is still not resolved, best of luck on the 19th!!

I think you'll find pretty much most of everyone on here are on standby to either cheer or waiting for the word... be thinking of you guys tomorrow!

give those northern rivers rangers a gee up today I reckon so they are ready with no excuses for tomorrow..
make sure there aware of the situation & ready so theres no last minute stuff ups.. I would havbe the police there too and the newspaper
best of luck guys

Yes I agree
Touch base today to make sure that you are all organised for tomorrow

We are all thinking of you !!

Good luck 2morrow!! Got all my fingers and toes x-d 4 u it will all fall in to place and go very smoothly!!! :D

D-Day.. best of luck guys.. Im sure everyone is thinking of you both and hopes this situation will finally be resolved with a positive outcome for you and your animals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back