quarantine snakes before goin into you enclosure?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amature

Reaction score
hey all i due for some new snakes to show up soon. does any one quarantine there new snakes before being put with you ones u had already if so how do you quarantine them?.
sorry if this is a noobie question.

i do if i get new snakes, all i do is put them in a seperate enclosure and wash my hands realy well if i touch the animal and make sure nothing goes from one enclosure to the next with out being cleaned.
Eddie..

how long do you do this for eddie? a week?

Yeah i normally keep them apart for a week, seperate rooms and monitor for parasites etc.. TOD them and keep them nice and warm... feed and then 24hours to keep it down before letting them anywhere near other animals... click clacks and heat pads are the way i've done it... or those big plastic tubs on wheels with click clack closers from bunning with a few holes drilled through... last thing you need is everyone getting sick... good luck.

a week? thats nowhere near long enough atleast 30days min after they have been wormed and lice sprayed

iv always just done it for 6 months, and iv never had a problem so i stick with it. its interesting to see how long others do it for?

yer i want to make sure i do it right but i kno the breeder should keep his animals clean and healthy but still dont wanna take chances

Amature, your post suggests you are keeping more than one snake in each enclosure, is this the case?

shooshoo i will be soon i have a childrens and just brought him a gf so i want to house them togather. also got a male bhp and female on the way but they will be housed in septate enclosures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back