Fluon

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

njb432

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know where i can get fluon/fluron (not sure of spelling) to stop my woodies escaping?

Regards, Nate.

The Herp Shop. Click on the link they have on the Home page. They are sponsors on here.

vaseline will do the job too. i just smear roughly 5cm band around the top of the tub, woodies dont even try to cross it

The wholesale price went up a gazzillion fold and the minimum quantity was in the order of 500litres - quite a few years of supply even for what the Herp Shop was using and selling. The shelf life is a little limited so even if Brian did order the minimum quantity it could go off before he could sell it.

He is trying to source it from elsewhere so far it does not look all that hopeful.

Could you use the stuff they put around the base of elm trees to stop elm leaf beetles. It's just sticky stuff in a calking gun tube that you put a line of around the base of the tree and they don't like to cross it, sounds like the same thing. You can get it at nurseries.

you'll probably end up with half your woodies stick on it

It's not supposed to make the beetles stick to it, they just don't like the feel of it so they don't cross it. When you run it out it feels like wet silicone and it doesn't dry.

whenever we used to make cocky traps using glass jars with food in the bottom we'd just smear butter round the top, don't know how effective over the long run but might help you till you can source some fluon.

If Fluon was rated at 10/10. What would you rate Vaseline?

vaseline works great, its just messy and melts down the sides of the tub in hot weather, so because of that i'd say 8/10 maybe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back