skitzo childrens python

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amature

Reaction score
hey all i got my second childrens python yesterday and was posted by courier last night i fed her and she had no problems eating it but like 2 hours later i opened her enclosure and took her hid of and she struck at me 3 times.
i thought childrens pythons where placid snakes this little girl is a nut and is 3 years old.

anyone else got skitzo childrens pythons? i know over time with handling she should get better.

if you only just got her give her a few days to settle in even more so if you have already fed her you would probably be pretty annoyed to if you where in a new place got fed and fattened up then someone tries to touch you :p

dam you red ink :p

still in feeding mode...... every snake is different no matter wat species. i got a snake that is like that for 6hrs after its last mouse. When i got my childrens it was skitzo for a couple of weeks hence the name snapper but it settled after a few weeks of handling

yer i here what you are all saying but i did not handle her i just slowly pulled her hide up and wammmo she went mental. anyways lll leaver her be for a week she had not been fed for 9 days once i got her so i thought it was best.
thanks guys for you input.
i have a male and he is so calm and placid kinda like a worm really lol.

a few people have said to me females are more aggresive than females if theres is any truth to it im not sure

happens in the human world so id nelly agree with that :)

hahaha females have to protect eggs etc human females have to protect their kids , so of course we are more defensive...can't depend on you males ;)
Like the others have said...leave her alone 'till she settles in, that even goes for pulling her hide up.

lol if someone broke into my house i guarantee the missus would be sending me to our sons room wouldnt be her running down the hallway lol

cheers guys i had a good little chuckle outta this one hahaha shall leaver her be

I completely agree with what others have said about letting her settle in, she's 3 years old? did you ask the previous owners what her temp is like? She could just be a nutter aside from needing an adjustment period.

I had a childreni male that was a nutter too, he was called scitzo for a reason, didn't matter what I did he never fed or handled well, my female was an absolute joy, every snake is different

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back