I eat roadkill

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is illeagal to interfere with dead native animals in NSW without the correct permits. This includes taking road kill.

But the person isn't in NSW, infact he isnt even in Australia. It's a hypothetical discussion in reality for most people here(and those who have done it are mostly not in NSW or have a valid arrangement to do it).

It is illeagal to interfere with dead native animals in NSW without the correct permits. This includes taking road kill.
But non natives like rabbits foxes sheep ect are ok to eat..the snake i ate in the early 80s was pre, all this legal rubbish.
And in Victoria it was different again.

Has anyone eaten at the roadkill cafe? I heard they did quite a bit of business so there obviously a market for it apparently you can take in your own roadkill and they will cook it up for you.

For some reason I always imagine roadkill as decaying mush, as it usually is.
I think its disgusting unless its just been killed and isnt too badly mangled. I dont think its any crueler than eating meat from a farm.

But the person isn't in NSW, infact he isnt even in Australia. It's a hypothetical discussion in reality for most people here(and those who have done it are mostly not in NSW or have a valid arrangement to do it).

I'm in NSW, Ive offered you a fact, not an opinion. I dont care about the other person. Hyperthetically in reality is an oxymoron. I have heavily edited this post in an effort to not offend you.

Excuse me? What sort of person goes around calling people morons just for the hell of it. I wasn't rude to you and you have no valid reason to randomly insult me.

Excuse me? What sort of person goes around calling people morons just for the hell of it. I wasn't rude to you and you have no valid reason to randomly insult me.

I apologise snakeynewbie, it wasn't meant to be offensive but I realised it wasn't going to be seen otherwise so I had removed it. You were to quick. Again, I apologise.

Last edited by a moderator:
a coffe table book of roadkill which is also a reference book and dicot key for identification?

I once found an entire dingo skeleton that had been squashed into bitumen in the middle of the Attack Ck bridge, just north of Tenant Ck. NT.

It was one of the most beautiful and poignant fossils I've ever seen.

I no longer have the negative. Although I do have a yellowed a4 photocopy of a print.

*crosses legs* Um... ouch? I know they've adapted for it, but the mental image is somewhat disquieting...

how do you think the men feel?

this brings "chef's surprise" or "specialty of the day" to a whole new level
technically muscle tissue by all intents and purposes should be sterile (thats what theyre now teaching me in food microbiology anyway), it's just the exposed surface area which is an issue (i.e. think mince)
although as good as the concept is, i can't picture myself picking up squashed road mince anytime soon

just had a thought, let's put it this way, if hypothetically someone sold the meat, cut off the bone and exposed bits cleaned, in the butcher as some sort of game, what difference would it be from hunted game?

I've just remembered an APS member ( who hasn't been active in a while ) from rural SA used to intentionally try for bunnies in their Prado. If the shot was good ( i.e. not to much rubber taste ) then bunny stew, bunny pie or bunny curry

I like my steak rare but I'm a city boy and prefer new york cut steak, t-bone or scotch fillet :D

Years ago, I played sax in a band called Vibaphonic & we did a gig at the guitarists house down in Birkdale.
A Combi van of 'alternative' ladies turned up about an hour after we kicked off with a big **** goanna they had skittled on the way in Gumdale.
After it was cleaned, in the oven it went with some fresh lemon grass from the garden and a while later, YUMMO, an unexpected addiation to the bbq dinner was served.
My wife wouldn't kiss me for days.....

My brother has a lovely cat named Jake....a couple of years ago I found a fantastic little book called...100 things to do with a dead cat. It is a scream....funny as a fit !! Though from memory, it doesn't suggest eating them. :)

Years ago, I played sax in a band called Vibaphonic & we did a gig at the guitarists house down in Birkdale.
A Combi van of 'alternative' ladies turned up about an hour after we kicked off with a big **** goanna they had skittled on the way in Gumdale.
After it was cleaned, in the oven it went with some fresh lemon grass from the garden and a while later, YUMMO, an unexpected addiation to the bbq dinner was served.
My wife wouldn't kiss me for days.....
The 'alternative' ladies "might have had something to do with the lack of kissy sexy time....just sayin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back