Help; Identifying this lizard.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tell her it needs to be back in the wild as it will be highly stressed then give her a number of the hundred or so dragon breeders in SE QLD

Exactly where she found it.

If you read what I said, it's all been cut down, so no, I wouldn't tell her to put it back where it's most likely mud and dead trees.

Offering her advice on how to keep it, is enabling her to keep it. Offering advice is condoning her behaviour (even if not in your eyes, it will be in hers)

The less she knows the better. I can understand why others seem snippy, it must be frustrating to hear that people continually do the wrong thing even after they've been told it's wrong, so hoping the advice you DO offer to her is the right one and not the advice she is looking for.

My advice will be to take it to the wild, I told her it is illegal to take animals from the wild, but she told me her husband is a wildlife rescuer and is allowed and licensed to do that (when I spoke to her on the phone today). I will still check up more on that tonight, and push her to put it in the wild.
There isn't much more I can do apart from telling her to put it back in the wild to be honest.

If her husband is a wildlife rescuer then he should know that unless there is a reason such as poor health or permanent disability then the animal must be returned to the wild. Being a wildlife rescuer isn't a license to poach

My advice will be to take it to the wild, I told her it is illegal to take animals from the wild, but she told me her husband is a wildlife rescuer and is allowed and licensed to do that (when I spoke to her on the phone today). I will still check up more on that tonight, and push her to put it in the wild.
There isn't much more I can do apart from telling her to put it back in the wild to be honest.
If the animal is sick or injured he can do that, naturally if it isn't injured, he has to seek advice on where to relocate it. As to it's care, he should be able to (or already know) what to do, as he's a carer. Right? She sounds a tad dodgy... Sorry. I can only be honest. But that's naturally not your fault/problem, Sounds like you've done all you can do...

EDIT: Oops, sorry, noticed above poster already mentioned the bit about the carer...

Well update, good news! :D She is going to put it back into the wild, still coming in to buy everything for a lizard, and is going to get a bearded dragon :) First, of course she is getting her license and so on.

And that's that :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back