WARNING For People Lending Snakes As Breeding Loans

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, what a horrible turn of events i feel for you guys. I do not have a huge collection but if i lost any of mine to such circumstances i would be devastated.
Can anybody please let me know who it is i need to stay away from, as i do not know alot of people so word only gets to me slowly, thanks.

Hope this can be resolved in your favour somehow
Ron

You guys all rock, I am in tears of happiness for the support we have received from everyone on APS......:):)
Thanks you all from the bottom of my heart xo

Don't give up guy's. Keep fighting for your beautiful snakes! We are all here to support you through it!

Im clearing out a few messages now.. thanks nighthawk.. spread the word

If anyone tries to look this bloke up in the members list you might not find this person in the members list anymore..
because I just booted him..

Best News we have had since this whole thing started... thanks so much Colin (your a champ mate).

And thanks to everyone else for your support, it is really over whelming and never expected this much help from people we hardly or don't even know.

I'd quite like to know the username of the person who caused all this. PM me please anyone.

I'm really sorry it turned out this way and all I can say is please don't give up, you guys have mega loads of support here. All the best for you and the animals.

Yah + 1 here please.
I have been following this upset & I really don't know how to help or how to say sorry for your loss, AS words cannot really describe this sort of behavour.

I can understand that you may not want to be in the public eye with all of this, as most of us like to keep discreet & talk between friends.
What I would do as a last resort (probably too late now for safe return of your reptiles) is as someone else suggested, GET ONTO FOUR CORNERS or A CURRENT AFFAIR & cause some upset.

Cheers & keep smilling.
Ian

Could someone who has been pm'd please pm me 2.......much appreciated.

Im so sorry to hear that today turned out this way, this truly is saddening......i dont really know what else to say.......its just terrible!

Best News we have had since this whole thing started... thanks so much Colin (your a champ mate).

And thanks to everyone else for your support, it is really over whelming and never expected this much help from people we hardly or don't even know.

Wayne I speak for everyone who has contributed to the thread when I say that the reason we have all offered help is that all we can think is that it could so easily have happened to one of us......my goodness this is family as well.......thats what I find the saddest of all

Elizabeth

If anyone hasn't had a PM yet feel free to throw me one; I'll pass on the names as well. Might lighten your load a bit there Colin lol.
In full agreement with Elizabeth; also, it's really nothing at all. If there's anything else we can do just say the word. It's people like that who ruin the hobby for everyone else, and it's just sickening that the authorities put in place to regulate this kind of behaviour are clearly not interested in their jobs.

Agreed!! Maybe there's a way we can raise money to help cover any legal fees? cause people really i wanna support you and that might be one practical way. Also, i wanna see someone charged over all this...actually a couple of people and departments perhaps

Should have reported it as a theft, if yo got the same response from wildlife/police...... Why not just take all theirs?

This is just absolutely disgusting, i expected a much different outcome from all of this and am now feeling even worse because i live in NSW!!! I really feel gutted for you guys and also feel somewhat ripped off by the DECC by the way you guys have been treated through all of this :( If something like this ever happened to me (or any of us) then this just shows how much hope i would have getting my animals back by doing everything the 'right' way.
I am now weary of the DECC and don't truely see a point in even having any such department supposedly 'controling' or 'helping' these situations, it is just a massive case of injustice for you guys as well as the poor animals!
It truely makes me sad and i really do feel for both of you :'(

Can i please get a PM Nighthawk or anyone else, i would hate to buy my next 'baby' off these people without knowing there is a high risk of contaminating my collection with various things (not saying your snakes have diseases etc but now being in contact with other wild animals with this 'carer' nobody knows what they could have) and i would hate to buy one of the illegal animals off these people as well especially if they were all wild caught as well.

I have been following this thread since it started, my fingers have been crossed for you both.. But I'm completely lost for words now!! Must be heart breaking!! I really hope it works out the way it should.

If anyone hasn't had a PM yet feel free to throw me one; I'll pass on the names as well. Might lighten your load a bit there Colin lol.
In full agreement with Elizabeth; also, it's really nothing at all. If there's anything else we can do just say the word. It's people like that who ruin the hobby for everyone else, and it's just sickening that the authorities put in place to regulate this kind of behaviour are clearly not interested in their jobs.

thanks nighthawk I appreciate the help.. I was very tired last night not online and had to get some sleep.. but I've now messaged everyone who has requested it.

this incident and others including the DECC caging draft have really highlighted to me we need a voice.. not just on APS or other reptile forums but a group that we are all members of that has a lobbyist and some political clout. theres been talk of this before but little action so far..

however I will say theres been some movement for this group and registration is happeneing.. the NRKA National Reptile Keepers Association will happen and we need to get behind it and support it. the main reason why we as a group of hobbyists are such easy pickings for government bureaucracy and groups like animal liberationists that threaten our rights to keep the reptiles we love is because we are a disjointed rabble that fight amongst ourselves over anything and everything. not to say some issues are not important etc but we really need to put aside differences and unite together. issues like hybrids, jags, this that etc are things we can have our opinions on but I really feel the bottom line is we are ALL REPTILE LOVERS and we need to all unite and stand together for the greater and common good. we also need to put personal difference with others we may not like or disagree with on certain issues aside as well for the greater good.. a chain is only as strong as its weakest link and we need to make sure we are strong and united as a group without infighting and de-railing ourselves. once we have a group voice that has some political clout and muscle through numbers (that translate to votes) we will be listened to and have the chance to make changes and influence the powers that be.. this is why animal libbers and other fringe groups have so much say.. they are well organised with an agenda and have lobbyists that liase with governments and government departments.

Its about time that we all did too and stop these people (government or otherwise) that threaten OUR hobby and OUR rights to keep the reptiles we love. but we need to be united and not fight amongst ourselves (this has always been our problem & our greatest weakness)

maybe we could have prevented the incident this threads about if we had more political clout and influence with government and the media. but we're just seen as a few weirdo's that keep snakes and as a disjointed rabble with no inluence with anyone.. we need to change this perception and join ranks.. we have a huge number of keepers australia wide and its growing daily.. we need to organise ourselves and do it soon..

the NRKA should have in my opinion some of or several people involved from the EAG expert advisory group who have been fighting for us with the cage drafting fiasco from the start. and have state groups that liase with the established herp societies in each state, forums such as this and any other groups that reptiles keepers belong to. state groups have a representative or representatives that liase together on a national scale and spearhead the group as a whole.

we will be heard and will make changes once we are a force that carries weight with voting power through numbers. and its about time we did..

end of 3-4am rant :D

Last edited:

Can I get a PM too, this is disgusting behaviour and I really feel for the OP's. So manuy of us here abide by the rules and to see this red tape bungling pi$$es me off bigtime. To the folks who stole from you, Karma's a bitch, but it sounds like they've already been hit with the unfortunate stick anyway.

Hey Wayne and Leanne, last I'm going to say about this is, sorry for your loss. I've actually been furious over this and now I am calm. What does this mean for your remaining collection mate, are you guys in need of snakes to start over or are you doing ok? 22 animals is a lot to lose out of your collection, let us know if there is anything we can do.

A.

Col is there a web site for the NRKA . PM me if so.

not as yet roger as far as I know BUT there will be one soon and there will be a NRKA up and running soon.. its already happening and the important thing is to support it and let it evolve and grow.. it will probably have flaws to start and will be a work in progress.. but we need to start somewhere and just get the ball rolling for once instead of procrastinating and doing nothing (as per usual in this hobby)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back