Hahns macaws

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

manimal

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Thought I'd share some pics of some hahns macaws I bought Monday. They are 3 years old, just at sexual maturity. Super intelligent and at them moment super noisy. They will hopefuly quiet down once the get used to me.
Are there any other people out there with these beautiful birds ? It would be great if you share your experiences.

Attachments

• IMAG0308.jpg
    IMAG0308.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 158
  • IMAG0307.jpg
    IMAG0307.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 142
i dont own any but have had the pleasure of having one of the blue & gold ones sitting on my shoulder once, those claws and beak are huge close up

a bloke here in Broken Hill owned a pair and he showed me his birds and these pair were in the first large enclosure and came down to say hello, one sat on my shoulder and the other sat on his

i never realised they were so big, truly beautiful birds

Oh i am so jealous! I love Hahn's Macaws...... definitely on my wish list of birds. When i move and have a garden i'll definitely invest in some more aviaries.

When will you be planning on breeding? Will you handrear the young or leave them in the nest?

Thanks for the comments guys. I hope that they will breed for me in the near future and if I'm able I will hand rear the babies. The thing with handrearing birds is that it is very time consuming, and with four kids my spare time is limited. If I have luck with them breeding I will post pics to show chick development.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back