GTF help please! x

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anura.Salientia

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Im going to take my darling "bette midler" tomorrow to see someone but i thought if there were any GTF lovers out there i could get some advice off that would be awesome!
Now the story is Bette has just been her lazy self, sitting around but noticed she is not putting it down?...She can use her hand to climb just fine and she uses it to push her food down as well but when i was taking "frogographs" of her today i noticed a little dark patch that is on that arm that she keeps raised and its not on her other arm nor on any of my other frogs. If anyone has any ideas i would appreciate hearing them! Thanks in advance :) sorry i couldnt get a really clear close up :(

Attachments

• IMG_2697.jpg
    IMG_2697.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_2694.jpg
    IMG_2694.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_2693.jpg
    IMG_2693.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 112
wow, that is one of the most obese frogs iv'e seen....might need to call jenny craig

haha yes she is huge! in a round-a-bout way she is named after her hugeness....bette midler-the wind beneath my wings. i named her after her fat wings lol
But thats why i know she hasnt hurt herself coz she is so fat and lazy, she doesnt move!!

how often do you feed your frog? not being in prime healthy condition can lead to all sorts of issues and I wouldn't be surprised if it's obesity has influenced the growth due to lack of appropriate exercise. he need

I have 5 full grown in the tank and they get fed at a different rate all the time to simulate what they would get in the wild she is not over fed by me but she was purchased that way and she has not grown any bigger since she has been with me. All my frogs get time outside the tank also. I feed them one pinky mouse once every 2 or 3 months or so.
she is a very short frog from head to bum but yes her belly is big, but i think that make her look fatter than she actually is. Over the last few months they have been through a winter and were not fed much at all.
This is a photo of a frog that lives in its natural habitat and she is smaller than this......

Attachments

• 15840_189815327127_655737127_2915986_962885_n.jpg
    15840_189815327127_655737127_2915986_962885_n.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 76
Could possibly be a bacterial infection that has spread to the leg,
I would suggest getting into contact with the Cains frog hospital, the lady there is very helpful and helped me with my frogs when they had a disease,
Cheers,
.....jake.....

I know nothing about frogs, but i just had to say......i love her name! :lol: I bet you wish her bank account was as big as the real bette though hey......i know i would!

I do hope it isnt too serious, & she is well again soon!

thanks jake! will do do u know if i would be able to speak to her on a saturday?
haha bel, she makes up for not being rich in her own way :)thanks for your kind words guys xxx ill let you know how she goes x Chloe

Sorry babe. I really don't have any idea. It looks really weird but as you said, not the best photographs.
Who are you going to take her to?
The GTF's in a pet shop near us has the fattest frogs that I have ever seen. Chloe's are fat but not obese.
Good luck. I might come see you tomorrow. Xo

yeah i took her to see bryce he reckons its just a bruise and nothing to worry about but keep an eye on it over the next few days. If it gets bigger ill be calling the frog hospital and maybe emailing the some better quality pics for them to inspect! I have googled my butt off with trying to see if there are any infections or anything that matches what i see on her arm but nothing so it is also making me think bruise. But i will be keeping a constant eye on her :) xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back