8x4x4 enclosure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A bit more thought.

hahahahaha!

As for pythons, maybe an extermely large Olive or Scrub, for monitors maybe an adult Lacie, Mertens, Sandie, Spencers etc.
Sorry mate, but building a 8x4x4 isnt as easy as they make it look on youtube. It will end up costing between $300-$400 as a rough guess, and where the hell are you going to put it? Seriously dude, do some more research, and if you must build an enclosure make it just a little bit smaller, because 8x4x4 is ridiculous, especially if you dont even know what you are going to do with it.

a dog maybe??? 8x4x4 is very big. and if you don't know what to put in it i would not bother building it. so until you know what reptile you are looking for i wouldn't even touch a bit of wood, because of the simple fact that you might need to build a smaller enclosure.
... another suggestion is that you put dividers in and keep more then just the 1 species of reptile in it?

Cheers Tyler

i got 6ft X 2ft x 3ft for scrubs and olives and they arre decent sized cages onces set up in a room getting branches and logs for this size cages can be fun too if you don't have a ute or trailor even with 8ft tray on ute the branches still over hung out back when transporting

dont forget that it will be too big to fit through just about any doorway or hallway or elevator or gate or......also make yourself aware of the costs in building it especially the glass front. At that size you have to go toughened or laminated and it will cost big $$$ I'd hate to see you build it only to have it sitting there because you dont have the money for the glass....good luck though.

good on you mate dont listen to em building massive cages is good fun i had a cage that size when i was 16 for a 11ft coastal. i would suggest doing a mixed zoo tank like maybe central blueies and beardies with heaps of logs rocks and fake plants ect good luck whit it and keep us updated.... only down side i found was haveing to take it apart to getit out doors

go to old building supply yards and buy second hand alli window frames 2400x 1200 is a fairly comon size and then the doors are already made

dont forget that it will be too big to fit through just about any doorway or hallway or elevator or gate or......also make yourself aware of the costs in building it especially the glass front. At that size you have to go toughened or laminated and it will cost big $$$ I'd hate to see you build it only to have it sitting there because you dont have the money for the glass....good luck though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back