Diamond like water ???

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MoOrelia

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hello guys,
I got a new diamond couple recently, and the female is acting weirdly : every night she spent the night in the water bol.
I never thought my diamond or any of them doing that
During the day heat spot is 30-32° and at night no heating so for now it is 21-22° and in winter will drop to 15.

I don't think she is warm, so i wanted to know if you already observed that as in france few people have them.
And the room is free of bugs

She is 6yrs old captive bred of course, 2meters for 3,2kg. She had a smaller water bol but as she try to put all her body in the water every night i gave her bigger water space.

thanks for your help

dsc_8710.jpg

Yep, try reducing the heat a little. They'd prefer cooler rather than hotter. Also, if its a new snake, she might have mites. THey can soak themselves in these situations. Other than that??? She may just like having her nightly bath! Ask the previous owner what did she did before you got her?

my diamond hatchys & adults always soak in there water dishes for a few days at a time

I wonder it has anything to do with this time of the year. My diamonds have been spending nights in their water too.

My daiamonds are also having a soak nothing unusual but temps could be a bit on the hot side Mine have 5 hours a day at 29 then there spots go out temps can get down to 17c. Diamonds are a cool climate snake so try not to over heat

OK thanks for your replies, i guess she just like water, under the xarm spot at night it is exactly 22-23 and the other part of the vivarium : 19-20°
Yes in France it's getting colder, I'll start to cool her in few weeks, she and her boy friend arrived 2weeks ago so i let them the time to acclimate and get less stressed. and maybe they'll breed if i'am lucky !

Cheers
Cyril

quite few people don't use any heating other then a small 40watt globe to provide place to get some extra warmth, one of the friends Melbourne base doesn't heat the cage at all except for a UV globe and diamond thriving.

if in doubt take look at the New South Wales weather to get idea of what temps diamonds live with

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back