RIP Marco Simoncelli (MotoGP)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

najanaja

Reaction score
Just watched the Malaysian GP.

There was a crash on the second lap,
Marco Simoncelli was out of frame and it looks like he has simply come off
The 2 next riders (Edwards and Rossi) came around the corner and hit him sliding across the track.
Upon impact Simoncelli's helmet comes off and he lays motionless. The bikes make a hindered vision of the incident.
The race is red flaged and all footage is ceased
The comformation comes across the Simoncelli hs died from his injuries..

Last edited:
I know,,,
Ths too was a nasty looking crash,
Youtube have been deleting them as soon as they get up,
Now with the comformation i think they will be able to stay up there

Yeah we were watching it live. I've ridden bikes all my life from Peewee 50's all the way though to Harleys. And that is the NASTIEST crash I have ever seen. As soon as I saw it I said to my wife it didn't look like he could have survived it. Real sad.

So sad, tragic and untimely death of the next superstar of the sport IMO.

I was watching it live as well and had a bad feeling as soon as i saw it.

RIP Marco.

Kinda makes you go into the garage and look at your bike and think about all the near misses you've had. RIP.

It is very sad to say the least, especially when all his friends and family were watching it. I do believe it was a racing accident and one to which there may be some debate, but at the end of the day is a sad set of circumstances for Marco, friends and family. I also feel for Edwards and Rossi in as far as they will be beating themselves up I am sure. They all know the dangers, but that still doesnt help when something happens. RIP

Yeh i was watching the MAL GP when it happened aswell such a devastating accident , It will be a unforgettable loss to the sport.

RIP Marco.

Horrible crash. I didn't see it live but have seen the footage on youtube. Very unfortunate, but you roll the dice I guess.

R.I.P

I had the good fortune to meet him at the Sepang GP the year he won the 250cc world title. I got to meet them all that weekend and Marco was by far the nicest and most hospitable. It's so sad. He was a great rider and a nice bloke

Attachments

• IMG_1127.jpg
    IMG_1127.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 101
RIP Marco
What a tragedy for the bike fraternity & loss for one of motorsports heroes
Hope the in three's things a myth

One of the truly nice guys of motorsport, he will be missed.

Definately one of the nice guys. He was the up and coming superstar of motogp. What a loss for the sport and more so for his family and friends. RIP.

I had the good fortune to meet him at the Sepang GP the year he won the 250cc world title. I got to meet them all that weekend and Marco was by far the nicest and most hospitable. It's so sad. He was a great rider and a nice bloke

what a passionate rider,very sad,but unfortunately a consequance of the risks of motorsport is the occasional death of a rider,
:(
he wil be missed forever to those that knew him,your very fortunate to have met him chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back