Big Spotted, Little Bite

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Serpentess

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hooked this guy out and put my hand under him to help support his weight (he currently weighs in at over 750g). He looked at my hand and decided he was starving so struck and coiled. He definitely bit down as hard as he could.

I waited there for a few minutes looking at him coil tighter and tighter around both my hand and the snake hook... I was expecting a) Pain and b) For him to realise I wasn't food. Neither of those happened. Lol.

Anyway, I decided to walk him into the bathroom and put him under some water. After a few minutes, he still was holding on, so I slowly gradually added some warmth to the water. He eventually let go and took the snake hook with him.

So here's the little bite he put so much effort in to and there he is with snake hook in the tub, lol. I let him chill out for a few mins before grabbing the hook out, then I decided he could sit in the bathtub while I cleaned his enclosure out, lol.

Attachments

• 100_2278_small.jpg
    100_2278_small.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 181
  • 100_2277_small.jpg
    100_2277_small.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 180
hehehe nice one!!
It's always a weird experience getting tagged for the first time.
Good pictures and remember its just a little love bite :)

Haha, thanks Grogshla. :)

I've had a number of quick tags (strike and let go) but this is the first time I've been on the menu, lol. I should have got a pic of him in the process of trying to eat me, it was pretty cute, but I sort of only had one hand to work with. Haha.

Lol, it is pretty funny. He put so much effort into it but the resulting bite was so tiny and didn't hurt at all. Lol.

Moral of the story is for anyone who's scared of getting tagged from an Antaresia, don't worry cause it hurts less than stepping on a bindi.

hehehe they do put effort into it!!
Have you been bitten by any other reptiles that you own chantelle? I have a marbled velvet gecko that makes a big fuss I disturb him whilst cleaning his enclosure haha He makes me smile

Spotted pythons like eating people. Just about every spotted I've held has tried to eat me and I made sure I'd thoroughly washed my hands and didn't smell like dinner. Looks like he gave you a good bite :D

hehehe they do put effort into it!!
Have you been bitten by any other reptiles that you own chantelle? I have a marbled velvet gecko that makes a big fuss I disturb him whilst cleaning his enclosure haha He makes me smile

Hahaha, I imagine a grumpy marbled velvet gecko would be pretty cute! But yeah, apart from a few other snake bites I've been bitten by a Bluey and a Turtle. I was laying down next to a Blue Tongue, he climbed up onto me and walked up towards my neck. He then decided that my collarbone would be a wonderful place to take a munch out of me. That was pretty funny. With the turtle he just thought my fingers were fishies when I was adjusting the water heater inside his tank, lol.

Lol, my first tag was from my male spotted, true it doesn't hurt, but they can be stubborn buggers to make let go:)
Haha, yes, indeed he was really keen on having a change in his diet, a little bit more human on the menu, lol.

Spotted pythons like eating people. Just about every spotted I've held has tried to eat me and I made sure I'd thoroughly washed my hands and didn't smell like dinner. Looks like he gave you a good bite :D
Haha, aww. Sounds like you have bad luck with Spotteds, lol. I have 2 other adult Spotteds. One is an absolute sook, he never bites. He hasn't even done a bluff strike. He's the snake that friends and family get to hold/touch. My other Spotted has a bad temperament most of the time, but I still call her a sweetheart. She never seems to bite when I'm handling her, she just has a reputation for lunging when she's in her enclosure or on the ground so the tag count from her is only at one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back