saw this on youtube

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Certainly looks like it to me. There isn't any aggression in those bites.

I'd go with trying to eat it or it's randy and can't understand whythe other one doesn't feel like a quicky :p

I think it's more trying to get the other too respond. Some big studies have been done with these they form a very close life relationship with a single partner apparently.

Yeah apparently studies show they mate for life...and will seek out the same partner each season..

They could have been together for years before one got hit.

They mate for life dont they?

It's quite touching that one seems to trying to get the other one off the road

theres lots said about if they mate for life. i know for a fact that males will " sleep around" with more then one lady friend in captivity.
i wonder what happens when one does lose there partner and how long it takes them to seek out another?

Apparently they find one partner that they regularly breed with over their life, they will not find another partner. But yes they also sleep around as you put it but this happens during the off season.

so your saying if there partner dies they will never mate again.........?
i didnt think they mated out side of breeding season, or off season as you put it

ive hrd they only mate with one...... and if one dies sometimes the other 1 will wonder off and fret and eventually die.

Awesome video true mateship

Well Its great to see one lizard or any animal helping the other either helping of the road or trying to get a response from a seemingly lifeless partner

so sad :( esp when you think about how many are hit on the road... they have a husband or wife missing them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back