Coastals...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

viciousred

Reaction score
Anyone breeding them this year? haven't seen many in the gravid girls thread and i'm hoping to get a male this season :)

I am, 2 gravid tri-lined females atm.
There should be plenty around in a few months,.

I have a 4 yr old male available atm,. but I am assuming you are interested in a hatchie?

I'm thinking hatchie or yearling maybe older if the color is right and I'm going to be very picky with color my female is just on 4yrs now and i'm honestly not in a huge rush to breed. still don't know enough :p
Just had a look on there but didn't see them?

I can pm you some pics of some yearlings I'm rehoming when I get home from work, if you like. Won't be til late this evening :)

I'm breeding some, and expecting eggs in about 4 days... I think they'll be quite nice too!

My beautiful proserpines have done the deed this season, look at my other threads and you can see some photo's. =)

Oh wow there beautiful!! Can't wait to see how the bubs turn out!

there actually nice enough that i'd by a pair if they look anything like the parents!

this is my girl :) excuse the poop, i came out in the morning and she was sitting so pretty, had to get a shot as i had to move her to clean the tank out :0

Attachments

• 646.jpg
    646.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
Oh wow there beautiful!! Can't wait to see how the bubs turn out!

there actually nice enough that i'd by a pair if they look anything like the parents!

this is my girl :) excuse the poop, i came out in the morning and she was sitting so pretty, had to get a shot as i had to move her to clean the tank out :0

Nice looking coastal - a Brisbane?

Have a clutch in the incubator at the moment of Brisbane coastals - look similar to viciousred's coastal

Unfortunately I'm not sure of her back round, I got her from a guy in Windsor just before my 18th birthday as a yearling, not in great condition but i was a novice and had no idea. she was my first snake and is very special to me.
For her i'm looking for a male of similar coloring but slightly more.. i Don't know what but when i see it I'll know it lol

Ahh yep i saw them must have been blind yesterday. thanks! :) just another question for all the coastal people on here, do you know where i could find a book or article on the different localities? Most of what i have found has just said "many different colors" and I'd rather know more than that :) thanks

This link has a little info and a gallery of different locality types:

Coastal Carpet Python - Wildlife QLD

Otherwise there's the good old Google Image Search !

If you are looking for a particular locality (defined by patern/colouration etc) your best bet is to post some pics and say "I want one like this"- someone around will have parents that are similar.

Fantastic thankyou for that!
Another question! Because me female is almost 4 would it be a better idea to get a male closer to her age rather than breeding her for the first time at age 7-8? i'm starting to re think getting a hatchling male for her, think i've waited to long

If your plan is to breed her; I would be thinking of picking up a nice male close to her size as she is RIGHT NOW; rather than build things up. Ideally; the female wants to be a little larger than the male at breeding time; as a significant amount of her weight/bulk will be lost to those eggs; so if you get a male her size now and feed them well over the coming year, then feed her a little more regularly prior to winter and then after cooling as well; she should be a bit bulkier than the male and be ready to make that sweet snakey love !!!! I wouldn't recommend getting a hatchie though if the plan is to breed; it's a long wait and if she is of good size now then strike while the iron's hot !

Thanks for that! Going to make finding a mate a little more difficult but I'm sure i'll find something! I'll still hatching pairs of the other coastals, gives me a bit more time to work with space wise :D

I really need to get that breeding aussie pythons book everyone talks about, I even sell it at my work so no excuse!

How much do you think a male of that size would be? (5-6ft) $300? $400? I don't want to just get one from any old joe blow selling there snake i'd rather it be someone reputable...

Last edited:
[SIZE=+2]You might want to purchase this book?[/SIZE][SIZE=+2]

** October 2011 Special:[/SIZE][SIZE=+2] **[/SIZE][SIZE=+1]
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]T[/SIZE][SIZE=+1]he Herp Shop will include a set of Oz Herp thermometer & hygrometer [/SIZE][SIZE=+1] (normally $10 per set)[/SIZE] [SIZE=+1]with each copy of this must have new book.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+2]The Complete Carpet Python[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+2]by[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+2]Justin Julander[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+2]&[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+2]Nick Mutton[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+2]Hard cover, 360 pages.[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=+2]$80.00 per copy[/SIZE]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back