Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice uluru Saz - love the clean banding and reddish colour.

My female Boodarie (10 months old) finally got her act together and shed today. Here she is on the same background as the male, but not as sunny. She has nice contrast.
DSC04229.jpg

My Boy Woma hanging on to a tube

Attachments

• IMG_2033.jpg
    IMG_2033.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_2013.jpg
    IMG_2013.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 50
i always feel for the gravid girls but nothing beats seeing your snake belly up/sideways trying to get comfortable.
Fresh one from my female and male WA's

Attachments

• Woma 01 002.jpg
    Woma 01 002.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 76
  • Woma 01 003.jpg
    Woma 01 003.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 57
  • Woma 01 006.jpg
    Woma 01 006.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 73
  • Woma 01 007.jpg
    Woma 01 007.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 44
Looking good Yommy.

I can't believe it - I just blowdried a rat for my woma female 8). She hasn't eaten for a while, but I knew she was heading for a shed, so no problems. I was puzzled when she didn't take the rat after her shed, but remembered that she used to like her mice dried when she was younger. Sure enough, the blow dried rat was a big hit. She had better get over this soon! Rats stink worse when you hit them with the blowdrier.

Very nice animal there bloomster. Any pics of the male??

On another note. I have little heads sticking out of some of my eggs!

And also this little guy was cruising around this morning!! Yay yay!!

c908e7a7.jpg

Last edited:
Sandfire. From my cream belly female. Let's hope that cream stays. Hopefully a few more will be moving around in the morning.

Beautiful sandfires Squinty, No-two and Bloomster - of all ages. How many little heads Squinty?

I pipped all the eggs from that clutch that I had left once I found the first one pipped. Two more were out doing laps and there was another 3 with heads out with 3 more just being fidgety in the eggs when I got home this evening.

Gee the two today are fiesty little buggers!!

This girl just got done laying a clutch of 11 fertile eggs.
IMG_2215.jpgIMG_2269.jpg

Last edited:
Nice looking clutch.
I will get photo of male when i can. And some of the hold-backs from the same pair last year.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using Tapatalk

Well all the Sandfires, bar one that is still attached in the egg, are all in their new homes and weighed. They certainly do have some attitude straight out the box!! I'll get some pics soon.

That's so strange squinty as my sandfires, were angels from the egg and 1 year on are still great!

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using Tapatalk

Some are relaxed and curious but yeah others are doing the defense display. I guess it's just programmed into them to survive.

My adults are placid as. The hatches will relax once they are familiar with the surroundings.

Here's a couple of recent pics of my boy Sunni. Such a friendly snake, still can't believe some bloke told me not to get one as they are too agro???

DSC_29321024x678.jpg

DSC_29231024x678.jpg

thats what I have heard also which turned me to a stimmie. Would love to get a woma as more people are saying that theirs are great handlers

Hey Bryce, that female looks different from other RHD womas, but in a good way. The neck pattern on my girl is disappearing for sure, she's shed once and will probably go under another shed soon. I think she'll have faint pattern throughout, I'm planning to put my super-nice RHD male over her come breeding season next year. I think the combination of faint pattern and rich colours from my male will go very well together.

I still have another female (the one that came with my male as a pair) that doesn't have any interest in food. I even tried a little quail to no avail hahaha. One of my mates told me he reckons if I threw a finch in there it would last about 5 seconds, one of his mates had a juvenile diamond python that wouldn't touch it's food - that is, until it was offered a live finch...ah well.

thats what I have heard also which turned me to a stimmie. Would love to get a woma as more people are saying that theirs are great handlers

I've had 2 stimmies before, and I can tell you stimmies can be super-aggressive. I think it's a random thing. You can get some nasty ones amongst the general population!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back