Is bamboo ok in a snake enclosure?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

user 30368

Reaction score
Its a silly question, but i'd rather ask an just double check before i get any. I was thinking of putting some of those fat bamboo poles you buy from bunnings in my SWCP enclosure. Are they safe? No hidden poisons i should know about??

They're fine, just make sure to keep them clean as they're untreated and will grow mould fairly quickly. I use them in my click clack with no problems.

Make sure you have a hand saw, lol. My saws were up north at my mothers house, so I planned to cut mine with a dremel. A part of my dremel was missing and I had to use a steak knife to chop 3 pieces of it, it was not fun. :p

If you find pieces that have been in water for a while they are pre sandpapered and very nice. And up here they've usually got a cherubin or red claw yabby in them!

Make sure you have a hand saw, lol. My saws were up north at my mothers house, so I planned to cut mine with a dremel. A part of my dremel was missing and I had to use a steak knife to chop 3 pieces of it, it was not fun. :p

I use steak knives as screwdrivers. Best invention ever!!!! Thanks for the feedback everyone! :) Looks like my snake is gett'n some bamboo!

Just be aware it can splinter badly and it's very sharp. It is also heaps of fun to burn as it explodes (don't try this at home kids)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back