Mum is a taxi driver?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

junglemac

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Well the matter is that one of my daughters friends comes over after school near every day. She lives about 2 km from us and her mum don't drive. For the last 7 months I have only met the mum once, and she never calls to see where her daughter is at. Any way, I keep having to drive her home as she iis never picked up and it is usually dark by the time she wants to leave. I am getting a tired of this taxi service but on the other hand I would never forgive my self if something happens to her while she walks alone home. What would you do ?

tricky situation, thier could be domestic situation or worst and this girl could be finding your daughter and home some what safe place??

As above ^^^ explain to the mother that the way she's behaving, she's not a mothers ringhole. It frustrates me when people have kids and aren't prepared to look after them. I'm not prepared to look after them at the moment, so I don't have them. Simple.

If it doesn't make a difference (I've seen plenty of cases where people have tried to reason with irresponsible parents, only to waste their breath), contact the authorities. Give her a chance to change the situation first, though.

tell the kid she can only visit somedays and not every day.. so you get a break..

How old is she? Tell her she better get walking before it gets too dark. Especially now daylight savings is coming she still get a few hours at your place

If you aren't prepared to drive her every time then make that clear so she leaves early enough to make it home during daylight

it's only 2km dont see the big deal driving her, but even if its dark if shes 15+ i dont see the problem letting her walk home by herself? 2km isnt far.

Well the matter is that one of my daughters friends comes over after school near every day. She lives about 2 km from us and her mum don't drive. For the last 7 months I have only met the mum once, and she never calls to see where her daughter is at. Any way, I keep having to drive her home as she iis never picked up and it is usually dark by the time she wants to leave. I am getting a tired of this taxi service but on the other hand I would never forgive my self if something happens to her while she walks alone home. What would you do ?

tricky situation, thier could be domestic situation or worst and this girl could be finding your daughter and home some what safe place??

1. the mother never calls to see where her daughter is
2. its been happening every day for 7 months.

I think sacred_DUC is right & what all this says to me is the mother doesn't really care and the daughter finds your home a safe refuge for the time she spends there. I can see its probably an inconvenience for you but if you say anything the mother of this girl is more than likely to tell her daughter she can't come over any more just so she doesn't have to pick her up etc. I'd personally say nothing and continue to let the kid come over and drive her home.. yes it's a bit of an inconvenience for you and not your responsibility but it sounds like this kid needs this, feels safe and likes it at your place so it's a good thing to do for her..

sometimes it's these things that make a difference in other people's lives and if this kid does have a bad homelife she will probably always remember you and the good times she spent with your family and be grateful you were there for her.. it's a difficult situation but sometimes doing things for others that improve their lives is a reward in itself and good karma..

I agree with colin. You should be proud that you are doing the right thing. Some parents simply do not give a rats bum what their kids do just so long as they dont have to deal with them. You obviously do care and thats GOOD. My ex once said to me " i`m sick of these kids,i dont want them anymore you can have them cos i`m leaving in the morning" . And she did too!!. Kids are 5 & 6 yrs old now and that was three and a half yrs ago. I wont shirk my responibilities. Ross.

1. the mother never calls to see where her daughter is
2. its been happening every day for 7 months.

I think sacred_DUC is right & what all this says to me is the mother doesn't really care and the daughter finds your home a safe refuge for the time she spends there. I can see its probably an inconvenience for you but if you say anything the mother of this girl is more than likely to tell her daughter she can't come over any more just so she doesn't have to pick her up etc. I'd personally say nothing and continue to let the kid come over and drive her home.. yes it's a bit of an inconvenience for you and not your responsibility but it sounds like this kid needs this, feels safe and likes it at your place so it's a good thing to do for her..

sometimes it's these things that make a difference in other people's lives and if this kid does have a bad homelife she will probably always remember you and the good times she spent with your family and be grateful you were there for her.. it's a difficult situation but sometimes doing things for others that improve their lives is a reward in itself and good karma..

Or maybe she has an arrangement with her mother that shes home at a certain time. I have that arrangement with my son as I don't drive and I don't call him unless he goes past that time. Maybe she feels your more than happy to drive her home and doesn't see it as an inconvenience. Doesn't necessarily mean she has problems at home. My son likes to get out of the house and his girlfriend likes to stay home so he goes to her house. 2 km's is not very far and if the mum knows she is always at your house why would she be worried.

Or maybe she has an arrangement with her mother that shes home at a certain time. I have that arrangement with my son as I don't drive and I don't call him unless he goes past that time. Maybe she feels your more than happy to drive her home and doesn't see it as an inconvenience. Doesn't necessarily mean she has problems at home. My son likes to get out of the house and his girlfriend likes to stay home so he goes to her house. 2 km's is not very far and if the mum knows she is always at your house why would she be worried.

true.. thats another possibility.. I'd be asking your daughter to gently ask her friend what the situation is as she's more than likely to confide in her.. and when you know what's going on you'll be able to make an informed decision about the best way to handle it.

I got home from school dumped my bag, grabbed an apple and made sure I was home for dinner at six. I wasn't driven anywhere, I had a huge area that was defined by main roads on all sides, Mum didn't call because she couldn't as I was outside, I'm sure she worried but only got concerned if we were late home which resulted in punishment. We were usually having so much fun that we left it to the last minute and could cover 2kms in short time to be home for curfew.

This kid could be having a hard time at home, maybe not, maybe her mums quite comfortable letting her walk the 2kms home and shes taking you for granted, like teenagers do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back