Extreme make over completed

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusty62

Reaction score
I have finaly finished the avairy for my diamonds and the snakes are loving the room to move and explore. I would have liked to go with pebbles on the floor but at $120 a scoop i figured wood chips were better at only $28 a scoop;)

IMG_8397.jpg

IMG_8400.jpg

IMG_8906.jpg

IMG_8921.jpg

IMG_8747.jpg

IMG_8957.jpg

IMG_8930.jpg

The vines came up a treat, they are made from 1" hose and a normal size hose fitted into the end and some small air tube covered with silicon and then coconut peat.

Cheers Dusty

Awesome job Dusty. It's always nice to finish a project and see the occupant/s using it. The vines look good, are they hose covered coco peat ? The look the part! Did you use silicone as the 'glue' ?

Top job all round, congrats you've done yourself proud

Thanks, the hose seems to be working well and the peat is not comming off with the snakes using the vines so I think it is going to be very durable and long lasting... It is nice to sit back (with a beer) and watch the snakes enjoying their new home.....

That's an amazing job, well done, How much in materials did it cost you? Tutorial please xD

Best outdoor setup ive seen yet, those vines look awesome and so simple to make... Be interesting to see how they do in the long term..

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD!!!

I've got just the place in my backyard for your work and time. BBQ and drinks supplied.

Last edited:
That is FANTASTIC!!!! well done wish i could do something like that but i rent :-( .... TOP job tho looks Great!!!!

OMG, that is freaking AMAZING!!

lucky aviary number 2 is only in the planning stages atm,....youve got me feeing inspired!!!

what are the dimensions, it looks HUGE!!!

I wreckon Dusty, if you put together a small guidebook or series of tutorials covering site planning, preparation, foundation, design, materials, construction etc... you could probably damn near sell it. I for one would definately be interested.

The other thing I was thinking, if you paint the wire mesh the same colour as the backdrop, the eyes wouldn't focus on it so much, and it could become near invisible to look at.

I would so love to inspect your work. The BBQ and drinks are always on offer, lol.

Thanks for the comments, the avairy is 6m long 2.4m wide and 1.8m high and at the moment it houses 2 diamonds (m/f) ,4 turtles and some gold fish. I will be looking to put another 2 female diamonds in soon and was hoping that I may be able to house some lizards or skinks in there too but not shaw if the diamonds would attack them or not.
What do you guy's/girl's think, would the lizards/skinks be safe????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back