Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
doesnt look to far away now yommy! Good luck mate. My tanami girl is only a few days off as well.

Cheers,
Dave

Sunday the nest box goes in and if the numbers are right, 7 days later there should be some nice big healthy eggs.
Egg box is ready to go into the incubator (to acclimatise) when the nest box goes in.

Red girl shed today and is still refusing food though no-where near the size of yellow girl. I'll count it down but i'm not expecting anything though she may suprise me :) won't be a big clutch if she does go.........

some head shots of the other so yellow girl doesn't get all the attention.

Womas do the coolest headshots.

Attachments

• HS1.jpg
    HS1.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 48
  • HS4.jpg
    HS4.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 48
  • HS2.jpg
    HS2.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 47
  • HS5.jpg
    HS5.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
I was thinking of getting myself one of these gems of the python world next, is there more to a Woma than a photo can show you, i just love them yet iv never physically seen em except a baby i held at the pet store, it was instant mesmerisation, the head color is incredible.

I was thinking of getting myself one of these gems of the python world next, is there more to a Woma than a photo can show you, i just love them yet iv never physically seen em except a baby i held at the pet store, it was instant mesmerisation, the head color is incredible.

You can't beat a woma, i would recommend them as a 1st snake over any other species, you just need to be conscious they have a strong feeding response and can sometimes get confused between handling and about to be feed :)

As for other qualities i reckon they have the biggest personalities of all pythons especially if you raise it from a hatchy. From the defence display of a young woma to the the excitement display when they know they are going to be fed, with tail wiggling and head bobbing, to being big placid pussy cats as adult (though remember there is always exceptions to this rule). couldn't imagine the collection without them.

Plus you have a few locales and patterned types to choose, why would you not get a woma???? :)

Heres a few from my chocolate male and red girl as my other girl is off duty about to drop eggs :)

Attachments

• Other 1.jpg
    Other 1.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 59
  • Other 2.jpg
    Other 2.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 62
  • Other 3.jpg
    Other 3.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 57
  • other 4.jpg
    other 4.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 63
  • other 5.jpg
    other 5.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 58
Your not wrong about the feeding response and you can never get complacient around womas. My big 13yo male sandpits who is just under 6ft chomped me hard last night just after I cleaned his enclosure. I haven't been bitten by anything in a long time and I tell you now on the end of the finger freaking hurts!!

You can't beat a woma, i would recommend them as a 1st snake over any other species, you just need to be conscious they have a strong feeding response and can sometimes get confused between handling and about to be feed :)

As for other qualities i reckon they have the biggest personalities of all pythons especially if you raise it from a hatchy. From the defence display of a young woma to the the excitement display when they know they are going to be fed, with tail wiggling and head bobbing, to being big placid pussy cats as adult (though remember there is always exceptions to this rule). couldn't imagine the collection without them.

Plus you have a few locales and patterned types to choose, why would you not get a woma???? :)

Heres a few from my chocolate male and red girl as my other girl is off duty about to drop eggs :)
Magic animals there, such clear contrasting markings, your woma's are so beautiful. yes i have heard woma's can be a bit food orientated and see your hand as fair game sometimes, im not concerned with being bitten, its a small price for such loveliness and personality, do they really wriggle their tails at feeding time, like a dog gets excited, hahahaha that is sooooo cute and cool. ooooooooh eggs, good luck, there so cute baby woma's.

Yommy, how many do you have? I just love all your photos!

An adult trio of 'Boodarie' locality woma's from the pilbara region of WA. Its a line i am wanting to develop more as there is alot of promise with their colour and variation.
I really love the womas without the eye patches so will see how i go down the track. They are my favourite animal hence all the pic's.

I have been slowly down sizing to concerntrated on 3 main species with these guys at the top of the list.
Woma's are stunning animals and there are some really nice locales to choose from these days. The Boodaries and RHD are my two locales of choice.

@ RickLeekong yes the boodaries tend to have nice clean markings and subtle colours within those markings.
Here some close ups of the boys scales for you.

Attachments

• clean lines 1.jpg
    clean lines 1.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 38
  • clean lines 2.jpg
    clean lines 2.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 40
  • clean lines 3.jpg
    clean lines 3.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 45
  • clean lines 4.jpg
    clean lines 4.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 40
An adult trio of 'Boodarie' locality woma's from the pilbara region of WA. Its a line i am wanting to develop more as there is alot of promise with their colour and variation.
I really love the womas without the eye patches so will see how i go down the track. They are my favourite animal hence all the pic's.

I have been slowly down sizing to concerntrated on 3 main species with these guys at the top of the list.
Woma's are stunning animals and there are some really nice locales to choose from these days. The Boodaries and RHD are my two locales of choice.

@ RickLeekong yes the boodaries tend to have nice clean markings and subtle colours within those markings.
Here some close ups of the boys scales for you.
yes there very nice, i love the tail on the last picture :). I gotta wait until i can upgrade my licence before i can get one, right now i have a Morelia spilota imbricata ''Southwest carpet python''

Well heres some pics of the hatchies

hatchies1.jpg

This one is my favorite. So so dark.
hatchies3.jpg

hatchies4.jpg

hatchies5.jpg

hatchies6.jpg

hatchies7.jpg

hatvchies2.jpg

And finally my one and only surviving RHD egg thats about to emerge.
hatchies8.jpg

My tanami girl decided to drop her eggs yesterday during the day. 6 eggs in all with an average egg weight of 81g which is a fair bit bigger than her eggs last year which from memory were about 60g average.

Some nice looking hatchies there squinty!

Cheers,
Dave

Attachments

• IMG_0923.jpg
    IMG_0923.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0926.jpg
    IMG_0926.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_0927.jpg
    IMG_0927.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 41
I will be interested to see your progress with it all Yommy. I agree, they are simply beautiful little pythons. I only have the one(for now-I am wanting to get some more next year) but she is my baby; such a gorgeous little girl.
Squinty, I live your dark hatchie

Wow Bloomster, that too one is really orange in the background. It will be interesting to see if it stays at all like that. Such cute little hatches coming out everyone!

Wow, there are lots of womas getting about this season! Everyone's going to have a juvenile woma hanging off their thumb! Here are some of mine..

Attachments

• WomaGF(gimp).jpg
    WomaGF(gimp).jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 75
  • WomaYF(gimp).jpg
    WomaYF(gimp).jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 63
  • WomaYularaF(gimp).jpg
    WomaYularaF(gimp).jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 68
  • WomaYularaM(gimp).jpg
    WomaYularaM(gimp).jpg